Change when touching explosion

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Francesco

Change when touching explosion

Post by Francesco »

"Change when touching explosion" could be very useful, IMHO.
Also adding an element that represents "the explosion" could be quite handy.
Nothing more to add, it can be achieved with a couple of CEs, but it messes up some other things... I'll drop a level as example, in a couple of hours...
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Mmm, quite large as "couple of hours", anyway...

Here is the example levelset - it is quite playable, even being a demo...
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=616
Solution tapes included, of course.

The idea "change when touching explosion" is shown in the second level, "jumping rocks".

The problem with this approach is that you need to have a CE dynamite, and the biggest issue is that, for example, this dynamite can't free the gems inside the walls - it simply destroys them. That's the reason why I'd like the "change when touching explosion". Even more useful would be to add the "explosion" element on the elements list. With that element, you could avoid a specific "change when touching explosion" option and you will get a whole new set of events (snapping explosion, hitting explosion and so on)

All the other levels are just for fun - well, more or less. They could be made more playable if there were a "change when stuck" option, or alike.
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Very interesting element :)
I suggest you combine that element with Rockfighter somehow (I don't know exactly how, but I bet it's possible to mix somehow) ;)

I agree with your idea, an "explosion"-element would be very useful. Maybe it could also be possible then to define your own kinds of explosions. Like this:

(Empty space = where it exploded, normal wall = no explosion, player = where special kind of dynamite was dropped)
Well, just an idea :)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Of course, such an element should behave like a real explosion. I mean that it should allow making a "custom dynamite" (just like Zomis' example) that "pulls out" the gems from the walls, just like a normal dynamite, and not like the workaround of my example, which destroys those walls.

Hope it won't result too tricky to implement.

About putting this in Rockfighter... well, maybe you haven't noticed that, but you have just given to me a fantastic idea... combining the "aura pression" with the "aura snapping" could give me the ability to create a lot of new combos :shock:
That's really amazing...
Francesco
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

That could be useful than a weapon, too.
What about an explosion which destroys enemies
by burning?
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Another very nice idea, Sasha's one...

Ok, let's imagine that Holger already added an element representing the explosion, and that it has been implemented as a standard element. We can use its graphics, and we can refer to it in CE programming... but what if it becomes a CE by itself?

It would mean that we could also customize the behaviour of the "standard explosion" related to any other element... seems quite powerful. We could make a level where the regular dynamite and the dynabombs "burn the enemies" by contact, just like said by Sasha.

By the way, the idea of converting all standard elements to "CE + standard" would be a new, different idea, which I am not proposing here ;)
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Francesco wrote:About putting this in Rockfighter... well, maybe you haven't noticed that, but you have just given to me a fantastic idea... combining the "aura pression" with the "aura snapping" could give me the ability to create a lot of new combos :shock:
That's really amazing...
Oops, I thought I mentioned that as well in my "Ideas for Rockfighter" thread... but well, of course... that would give the possibility of thousands of new combos :D