Change when blocked/stuck

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Francesco

Change when blocked/stuck

Post by Francesco »

I know, it's not a new idea, on the contrary: it was present in version 3.1.0, but it has disappeared somehow...

If it is the option I wish, it should trigger the change when a moving element (or even a still one, maybe), is completely surrounded by elements (that is, it has no free tiles around). In few words, when it is stuck/blocked.

If so, it would be nice to add it again, maybe allowing some kind of delay, like "change when stuck for more than 10 seconds".

I would set it so that you can choose if the given time is absolute or relative:
- Whith the first one, the change happens after the total time has expired, regardless if the element has been stuck and has been freed several times.
- With the second one, the element must stay stuck for the entire amount of time, all at once. If it gets free at the 9th second, then its timer is reset, and it will start counting from 0 to 10 the next time the element gets trapped somewhere.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

A "refresher" not to miss the post above, as I really need this feature for one of my levelsets...
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yep, this is something that has already been implemented (the way you described it), but that I deactivated due to compatibility problems.

I'm not sure how easy or tricky it would be to also add the timing settings, but the general idea (change when blocked) is definitely something that is worth adding/finishing/fixing.

*edit*

Maybe I could have a look at this again for 3.2.4...