ADF support

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

m&m

ADF support

Post by m&m »

Editor for DX-Boulderdash has this feature :). Maybe RND could also support this format?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

What is ADF?
m&m

Post by m&m »

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

As 99% of all importable levels of old EMC games on Amiga disks are already contained in the EMC collection, there's probably no need for it...
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Holger wrote:As 99% of all importable levels of old EMC games on Amiga disks are already contained in the EMC collection, there's probably no need for it...
But would be very useful to add if you are not capable of unpacking ADF files and don't want to wait till the EMC game collecion is updated...
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yeah, of course it would be a cool feature, generally spoken.

The main problem is that you would have to fiddle around with different directory structures; EMC disks have quite a number of different naming schemes for level directories, just to name one example. Then it would be needed to find, read in and convert the artwork -- everything that is currently done using Shell and Perl scripts, which can easily be adjusted for new and different EMC disks. Putting all these logic into the main R'n'D binary, using C programming, would not be worth the time and trouble, I think...