Change-condition 'CE value/score gets N'

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Tomi

Change-condition 'CE value/score gets N'

Post by Tomi »

We already have "CE value/score gets 0" change-condition, but sometimes it would be useful if there'd be "CE value/score gets N". I suggest adding number widget when the condition gets selected, like this:
This is the selectbox:
[_] [ TOUCHED BY PLAYER v]
When you change it to:
[_] [ CE VALUE GETS v]
A number widget appears:
[_] [ CE VALUE GETS v] [-][___0][+]

The appearing number widget shouldn't be too hard to implement, after all, we already have appearing DELETE button (for changepages).

Note: AFAIK 'widget' is the equivalent of RnD 'gadget'.
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

Do you want to make more than one effect with one CE?
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

I don't understand how this question relates to the idea.
Daniel H.

Re: Change-condition 'CE value/score gets N'

Post by Daniel H. »

That sounds like a good idea! :)

Sascha wrote:Do you want to make more than one effect with one CE?
Tomi wrote:I don't understand how this question relates to the idea.
I don't either. :?:
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

This sounds related to CE-value conditioned change-pages? So if CE-value conditioned changepages will come true, maybe so will this idea?
Anyways, I consider both to be great!
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Yes, it's related a bit, but not the same - implementing one doesn't implement the second one too. (For example, my ideas "self" and "referencing elements self+N" are partially the same, only one had to be implemented and the other one was a byproduct, but this isn't the case.)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

This could be useful, yes.

With the current engine, it should be possible to emulate this with the existing "gets 0" functionality.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:With the current engine, it should be possible to emulate this with the existing "gets 0" functionality.
Do you mean that it is possible using the current CE options, or will you add such a functionality without modifying the game engine too much?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

I meant that it should already be possible with the current 3.2.1 engine (a bit more tricky, but still possible).
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Holger wrote:I meant that it should already be possible with the current 3.2.1 engine (a bit more tricky, but still possible).
Yes, but you would probably need more custom elements. Hexadecimally speaking, there are currently only a hundred custom elements.
(This is as of Tuesday, 29 August 2006 A. D. 17:50 GMT, hopefully the number above will change within the next two years)
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:I meant that it should already be possible with the current 3.2.1 engine (a bit more tricky, but still possible).
I've tried, and I've tried and I've tried again to implement this (God knows how many test levels I have in my seperate test levelsets now :shock: ).

However, I still haven't implemented this idea to 100%. Let's say you have a CE you want to change when it's CE value reaches 4, and you want another page to be triggered by the CE value 8. This is impossible. Since you need to decrease the CE value to check if it has the correct number. If you decrease with 8 to check for CE Value = 8, then CE value reaches zero also for the CE Value 4 check-page.

So I still hope this idea will be implemented, some day :)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Checking for a certain CE value instead of "0" would be nice.

Unfortunately, there is currently no space left on the screen for the additional gadgets that would be required for this. (Besides that, it would make the interface even more complicated...)