More Inventory

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

HerzAusGold

More Inventory

Post by HerzAusGold »

After I played "Battle Isle" on a amiga again where control all actions selectable options via joystick..

I think "more inventory" can be done with the joystick.
Or with the mouse wheel. :wink:
Hold down drop key - and if you have more as one inventory you can
switch with up/down and select by release drop key.

Inventory can be:
- Dynamite
- Bombs
- MegaBombs
- Weapons
- Shoe (like in Crystal Cavern)
- Hammer
- a self defined CE (if this is possible)

More suggestions welcome..

Hm. I have seen this idea here elsewhere but I dont found it.
And the answer is ... 42 !
Zomis

Re: More Inventory

Post by Zomis »

HerzAusGold wrote:Hm. I have seen this idea here elsewhere but I dont found it.
viewtopic.php?t=475
Hint: Look in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=650

Well, I guess the only problem is to decide a way on how to switch the inventory. Holding down the drop button does not sound like a good idea since there are weapons dependent on mass-shooting...

But another idea would be to hold down snap and press drop button? Or maybe snap-drop-left or something like that, so that we could have 3 other special buttons? (Not that I know at the moment what those would be good for but...). Since snap is only used together with a directionbutton, this must be possible and compatible and everything, right?
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Well, snap-drop-left seems to be a bit clumsy to me. For example, player 2 would have to press leftalt-rightalt-a. (Not sure about exact keys, as I don't play multiplayer, but after all, the game allows player 2 to set such keys.) Snap-drop is enough IMO.

Btw, what about making an inventory with CEs? With the new features (like CE values) in 3.2.0, it can't be that hard - I even had a working inventory prototype in 3.1.0 (although it was limited to few items and used awful lot of CEs). When you press drop key, player gets teleported into an "item selection screen" where he chooses which item to drop and it gets dropped. You get the idea. (However, this inventory isn't an universal solution, for example it can't be used in "action scenes" where player is chased by enemies, because he could use this to get away.)
asiekierka

Post by asiekierka »

no!
We can use snap to run the menu, and select the object with keys.
And we can add a feature to make CEs as additional inventory objects!
GraphicsPack project: 90%
IconXT project: 100% (version final is ready)
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

You mean, like, when player snaps empty space, then the item selection screen shows, and he'll choose "active object" with arrow keys, and then he'll be able to drop it with drop key? That could work. It should even be possible to do it in 3.2.1 already, without adding any new features, just with CEs. (But, of course, it wouldn't be very easy to make.)