Mini game feature (more like mutiplayer)

Got a cool idea that should be in R'n'D? Let's hear it!

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

RAP

Mini game feature (more like mutiplayer)

Post by RAP »

What if two (or 3 or 4) players have their own gem counter, that way if one
of the players collect all the emeralds instead of sharing it; and one of them
went to the exit, the player won the level!

That way, I can use this idea for my levels. :D
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

That's a good idea! :)

For now though, you could just make a counter within the level to count emeralds for each player, using RNDTool.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Daniel H. wrote:That's a good idea! :)

For now though, you could just make a counter within the level to count emeralds for each player, using RNDTool.
Does that feature still work? :O :P Oh well, maybe it does. Nice to hear that someone uses it (or maybe you haven't used it yourself, just heard that it's possible with RNDT and so you recommend it? :P). In either case, yes. You could make a counter to count the emeralds for each player... counters is also possible using CE values (will be avalible in 3.2.0, and is also avalible in the latest pre-releases), and then you could use CE actions to change the emeralds count...
But of course, adding the functionality for it in RND without CEs would be the best, but until then...

By the way... I'm planning some CE-scripting for RNDDB so that it would be easy to implement your own way of CE counting and many other things...
RAP

Post by RAP »

Woah, that explains that in one of Zomis' CE-levels (that I checked a while ago)

BTW: Did Simon had a new verison of RNDTool at this moment, (which was
not updated a few months ago :( )... If not, who's gonna update the RnD
related program at this time? :o
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Ryan P. wrote:Woah, that explains that in one of Zomis' CE-levels (that I checked a while ago)

BTW: Did Simon had a new verison of RNDTool at this moment, (which was
not updated a few months ago :( )... If not, who's gonna update the RnD
related program at this time? :o
Yeah, many of my levels has elements named "counter maker by rndtool" or something like that...

There will probably not be any more versions of RNDTool, but RNDDB will be further developed and will hopefully one day be much much more powerful than RNDTool