The H. World 1.00

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Daniel H.

The H. World 1.00

Post by Daniel H. »

Download - Current Version: 1.00
Released 1 June 2006

This level pack contains several level sets made by Nathan H. and myself. Most levels contain CEs; however, no levels in this first release have custom artwork. Solution tapes are included. Have fun! :D

PLEASE NOTE:
If you downloaded The H. World Pre-Release 1.00-1, it is important that you erase it before adding The H. World 1.00.

Please use this thread to discuss these levels and their bugs, CEs, etc.
Last edited by Daniel H. on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zomis

Re: The H. World

Post by Zomis »

Daniel H. wrote:PLEASE NOTE: This topic is intended for The H. World announcements only.
I think one topic is enough for "The H. World". You could both announce new versions and discuss the old versions in the same topic. Having more than one topic about this would just bring confusion. Because of this I've hidden your other topic.
If you want to make sure that noone downloads the old version when you have announced a new, you could both post a reply to the post and edit the previous announcements to change links or texts or so.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

OK, so please discuss The H. World in this topic. :)
Please use this thread to discuss these levels and their bugs, CEs, etc.
James

Post by James »

Good ideas with some CEs, :)
but I don´t understand how does the "elevator"
and the "swich-space" work. :?:
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Do you want to know how the CE Programming works on these elements, or how to use these elements?
James

Post by James »

How to program the CEs...
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

The switch space is fairly simple.
  1. When you enter Switch Space, the Lever Flipper Releaser near the guy working the switch gates drops a Lever Flipper, which is an invisible extremely fast falling object that can smash everything.
  2. The Lever Flipper falls onto the Switch Gate Switch, causing it to be "switched." To "switch" an object is to either press it or smash it.
  3. A Lever Flipper Stopper is located next to the place where the Lever Flipper lands on the Switch Gate Switch. When the Lever Flipper touches a member of the group element Lever Flipper Stoppers, which can be either the Lever Flipper Stopper or, earlier in the level, the Fake Yellow Key, it turns into Empty Space, making room for the next Lever Flipper.
The elevator is more complicated; I'll explain it later. :)
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
James

Post by James »

I´m amazed. :shock:
Please justtell me just how did you make
the doors of the elevator to close
and still be alive.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

That's simple. The player is teleported behind Elevator View Space.

You can see the player in the CEs Exposed Level
(The H. World 1.00\Various Levels - Daniel\002.level)
behind the Elevator View Space (). In the CEs Exposed Level, elevator view space is to the right of the elevator and looks like this:
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

I wonder why so few people have posted anything in this topic :?:

The topic about the pre-release version was more popular when it came out than this. :?
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Daniel H. wrote:I wonder why so few people have posted anything in this topic :?:

The topic about the pre-release version was more popular when it came out than this. :?
Maybe most things have already been discussed...
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

How is that possible :?:

Of the 46 levels in the final release, only 3 were included in the pre-release version released in April!