Graphics for CEs

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Sascha

Graphics for CEs

Post by Sascha »

Hi there!
I'd like to give graphics by myself to my CEs
but I don't know how to do! :?:

Please help me.
Sascha
Daniel H.

RE: Graphics for CEs

Post by Daniel H. »

To make graphics, you need to create a folder named graphics in the level directory. Inside it, you create a file called graphicsinfo.conf. You have the graphics in PCX format. Then you edit graphicsinfo.conf to connect R&D elements to parts of PCX files.

You can see some information about graphicsinfo.conf at the Rocks 'n' Diamonds Unofficial Wiki.

It also may help to look at the graphicsinfo.conf of some graphics sets like BD2K3.

If you type:

Code: Select all

rocksndiamonds.exe --execute "print graphicsinfo.conf"
then the default graphicsinfo.conf file for classic graphics will be written to the stdout.txt.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Sascha

Re: RE: Graphics for CEs

Post by Sascha »

Daniel H. wrote:To make graphics, you need to create a folder named graphics in the level directory. Inside it, you create a file called graphicsinfo.conf. You have the graphics in PCX format. Then you edit graphicsinfo.conf to connect R&D elements to parts of PCX files.

You can see some information about graphicsinfo.conf at the Rocks 'n' Diamonds Unofficial Wiki.

It also may help to look at the graphicsinfo.conf of some graphics sets like BD2K3.

If you type:

Code: Select all

rocksndiamonds.exe --execute "print graphicsinfo.conf"
then the default graphicsinfo.conf file for classic graphics will be written to the stdout.txt.
Thanks for your help.
Daniel H.

Re: Thanks for your help.

Post by Daniel H. »

You're welcome! :)
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.