Rockfighter II - Pre-release

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Francesco

Rockfighter II - Pre-release

Post by Francesco »

Hi everybody.

Since I still haven't got the time to work on my levelsets, I decided to upload a pre release. Please try it out and tell me if you feel comfortable with the new keypress timing, I'll try to put apart some time now and then to improve it.

Here is the link to the new released, additional file:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=493

Notice that you need the Rockfighter levelset to be installed on your computer, if you don't have it, download it here:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=425

It is a modification of the old level 9, that can be solved in some different ways.

Please notice that Rockfighter needs, generally, a fast CPU and a good keyboard, and this new level has even more monsters around, making the tape reloading a bit heavy.

Well, enjoy! :D
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

I've been playing a little with the new version of RF, it's becoming interesting because I am discovering new ways to play with it: seems that it hardly needs a new combo, IMO, because the current ones are more powerful than expected/planned... for example, have you tried to kill the bugs with the Escaper combo? It should be called Exploder combo :D

By the way, I tried to play the old level 8 "No Flood-filler" (a.k.a. "The return of the Aliens with their Spaceships")...
I wasn't able to make the Escaper more than once or twice! :!:
I got killed a lot of times... I think that's because I am accustomed to play the new version, where the combos are easier to enter.

So, this is the point: do you agree with me that the new keypress timing is better than the old one? Also, should it be even more comfortable and easy to use, allowing an even wider interval between one keypress and another?

I'd like to hear your opinion before working again onto this levelset, also because of the few spare time I have got.

Thank you for your feedback :D
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Francesco wrote:for example, have you tried to kill the bugs with the Escaper combo? It should be called Exploder combo :D
Of course! How else could you solve level 6? It would be almost impossible for me without the escaper combo...

Actually I haven't remembered to test the pre-release of RF2... I know that it waits for me on the file archive :)