Some levels on the files archive by "Sascha"

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

Some levels on the files archive by "Sascha"

Post by Zomis »

There have been some uploads by someone named "Sascha" to the Files Archive lately. I was hoping that Sascha would post something here in the forum, but since that hasn't occoured, I decided to post something here.

The levels can be found here:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?u=71

I think most of the levels are very good. They don't use advanced CE Techniques, but some basic CEs can be found...
The levels aren't very difficult, but they can actually be a little tricky.
I recommend the levels very much! And I hope Sascha will register here on the forum.
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

Here's my opinion about Saschas levels:

The unexperienced RnD-users should know about the levelinfo.conf to be able to open the files.

ID 442: Have you got all keys?
Many tubes and easy sand/rock field (you don't have to run through it), but ok.
ID 441: time run
IMO very annoying! I hate the sound of the last 10 seconds ticking :twisted: and I don't like to play the beginning of a level 1000 times to explore step by step the whole level and read the text elements. :evil: And the worst: I still haven't passed the two butterflies ... :cry:
ID 440: Robot City
Many hidden walls, but at least some hints where to go. Not easy, but a good one!
ID 439: Supaplex 02
Nice elevator!
ID 438: spaceships -> amoeba -> bang!
Easy, I like some levels to relax between. :wink:
ID 437: beamers
The first half is very good, but the second ... walkable custom elements that look like steel walls in addition with tight time limit and monsters that prevent you from searching for the anomalies are no fun ... :evil:
ID 436: Supaplex 01
Tricky, but a good one.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Jannik wrote:ID 441: time run
IMO very annoying! I hate the sound of the last 10 seconds ticking :twisted: and I don't like to play the beginning of a level 1000 times to explore step by step the whole level and read the text elements. :evil: And the worst: I still haven't passed the two butterflies ... :cry:
I do hope you know this, but just in case you don't...
You can save and load a tape in RND by pressing the corresponding keys, the default keys are F1 and F2.
It's very good if you are having problems with some parts in a level, that you can easily go back to the place where you died...
And also, you can turn the sound off. I always play without any sound.
Jannik

Post by Jannik »

Uuuh, indeed I didn't know about F1 and F2. :shock:
That makes everything much easier and saves a lot of time and now I understand how Francesco could make so smooth tapes of his Rockfighter levels ... :wink:
Thank you very much :!:
But isn't it some kind of cheating? :roll:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Uuuh, indeed I didn't know about F1 and F2.

It's all my fault. The missing documentation thing... :-o :-(

> But isn't it some kind of cheating?

When compared with the classics, it probably is (and you will probably be able to reach scores and times that were very hard to achieve with the original games which did not have this function).

But I think it's just better that way, and more fun (especially if you get killed in a 15 minutes level a few steps before reaching the exit)... :-)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Jannik wrote:Uuuh, indeed I didn't know about F1 and F2. :shock:
That makes everything much easier and saves a lot of time and now I understand how Francesco could make so smooth tapes of his Rockfighter levels ... :wink:
Hehehe, you did not read thoroughly my replies to your tapes, on that thread, because I said it explicitly:
I recorded the tape using save and load a lot of times
Anyway, now you have a further weapon in your inventory ;)

By the way, since this thread is kind of about "missing forum members" that post levels on the FA, could someone translate me the instructions of Manuel's Random Levels?

The first playable levels seems very interesting - if it is that kind of game where you have to find the "reflection points" in base to the enter and exit points of some laser-beams...
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Francesco wrote:By the way, since this thread is kind of about "missing forum members" that post levels on the FA, could someone translate me the instructions of Manuel's Random Levels?
Which instructions do you mean? There are no envelopes and there's no readme file.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

I mean the German text in the level "info center" (level nr. 27). The level I speak about above is level 28 (called "code: aa")

In a first moment I thought he was a forum member and that he posted only in the German section - I obviously skip all new messages of that section - but then I've seen he's not registered - at least with that username.

By the way, I tried to play level 28 with the rules I thought to be right - but did not achieve so much...

Another level (nr 22, "gemein", with doors and keys, with gravity on) seems unsolvable too... well, to be sincere I'm not so good at playing classic levels :(
Francesco
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

It's not level 27, but level 1 of his levelset 'Random Games'

This is the text (is that what you meant?):

*/*/*
Im Info Center können Sie die regeln der Spiele nachlesen. Der Levelname ver(r)ät den Code.

Boulderdash
Normale Rocks 'n' Diamonds Elemente! Sand, BD.-Steine, BD.-Diamanten und BD.-Wände.
*/*/*

This is a translation:

*/*/*
In the Info Center you can read over the Game rules. The level name shows the code.

Boulderdash
Normal Rocks 'n' Diamonds elements! Sand, BD.-Boulders, BD.-Diamonds and BD.-Walls.
*/*/*

Good luck!

Francesco

Post by Francesco »

All there? Maybe I know what's the next step...

...if you could, enter the code "aa" in the infocenter - I don't know if it's actually possible! - and read out the (presumably) German text...

Thank you for all this!
Francesco
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Ah, I see. Didn't know this. There are four codes (instead of one) possible: AA, AZ, ZA, ZZ.

These are the translations:

AA:
Black Box

Before you can start at all, you have to wait till you can control the player. Those several capital letters represent lasers. If you walk around some walls in the center (by pressing), and then go into the closed exit, you will see that the walls which you walked around, make crosswise sand. Laser beams will be deflected this way. Laser A has to hit laser A and laser X itself.

AZ:
Boulderdash

Normal Rocks 'n' Diamonds elements! Sand, BD.-Boulders, BD.-Diamonds and BD.-Walls.

ZA:
Way search

Normal Rocks 'n' Diamonds elements: keys from red to blue, key doors from red to blue, Rosa (does he mean 'pink' ('rose') here?) handle, Rosa doors, open and closed, wheel for wheel doors (time doors, you will recognize it), wheel doors and walls.

ZZ:
Transitions

If you go through the things ('Rühre') to the left, then the green things throw green things, the bule things blue things and the red things red things into the air. The higher things multiply themselves across the walls which are standing in the way. If you then walk over it, you may not touch green when you are standing on red, not blue when you are standing on green and not red when you are standing on blue. Turn the things ('Rühre') off well!

My German is not the best but I hope this makes it all a bit clearer for you.

Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Thanks a lot, Martijn!

Yes, now it's clearer, and I was supposing right about AA level.
Well, I'll check out if that levels is actually solvable, he had a nice idea, btw!

Hope that Manuel and Sascha will join this forum soon.

[edit:
Just tried it out: it works perfectly! Very cool CE level, I strongly advice it!
/edit]
Francesco
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Just discovered a bug in Code:AA.
Seems to be a CE-ing bug (in other words, Manuel's fault):
in the "preparation" part, three spots show up the letter "G".
According to the rules of the game, it couldn't be possible.
I've included a successful tape too - it should help, if needed, to understand how does it work.

http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?f=475

I've also invited Manuel to join the forum, with my comment to the above tapes on the FA.
Francesco
Sascha

Re: Some levels on the files archive by "Sascha"

Post by Sascha »

Zomis wrote:There have been some uploads by someone named "Sascha" to the Files Archive lately. I was hoping that Sascha would post something here in the forum, but since that hasn't occoured, I decided to post something here.

The levels can be found here:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?u=71

I think most of the levels are very good. They don't use advanced CE Techniques, but some basic CEs can be found...
The levels aren't very difficult, but they can actually be a little tricky.
I recommend the levels very much! And I hope Sascha will register here on the forum.
I have registered now!!!
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Welcome to the forum, Sascha!

It's nice to see all these new forum users, who are not just users but also designers of levels for RnD, I'm really happy :D

Go on everybody!
Francesco