A workaround for the missing "PlayerMoves" option.

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Francesco

A workaround for the missing "PlayerMoves" option.

Post by Francesco »

I've found a workaround for the "PlayerMoves" missing feature - which I think is going to be added in the next RnD' release.
It is done with the "player coordinates pointers" technique - as Holger called it - that I've used in the level "Warparound Murphy".
It's relatively useless, because it's going to become obsolete very soon, but I've done a playable level from it anyway.

It's a pseudo-chromium game - the only similar thing is that you can't let any enemy pass behind of you, so I could have called it pseudo-invader too.
The levels starts with a blue donut pickup over the player - I've recycled RockFighter's graphics.
After picking it up, four "donut guns" will appear at the player's sides. They will follow your movements. Using the drop key will make them shot.
The enemies are some black/white dynabombs coming from above: if any of them will touch the base (red dynabombs) the game is lost.
Falling dynabombs can be destroyed by touching them with the guns, but you will lose that gun.

The first level is pretty impossible, the second is really easier because the enemies move slower. The game is won when the bottom part of the map is filled with emeralds (more or less one emerald for each enemy destroyed).

http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=430
Just an example...
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco