The information!

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

asiekierka

The information!

Post by asiekierka »

The Information!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll create the race for the graphic creators.

Who better and faster convert the MegaMan sprites from http://www.nes-snes-sprites.com/MegaMan7Page3.html (which you can) then I send us a R'N'D graphic patch with MegaMan graphic
Mark

Post by Mark »

You know, I already have the Diamond Caves II sprites on my classix gfx. lol. I did it the hard way. Yeah, it took a few weeks, but I got the animations as well. Its called "PRINT SCREEN" lol. right next to scoll lock.
Anyways, its kind of low quality. The reason for that is because I could manage to get about 5 or 6 frames for most animations. The classix gfx only allow Player1 to have 4 frames per direction. The problem is that I've got at least 6 or 7 animations from DC2 per direction for player1. When I play with the classic gfx, It looks... I dunno. I tried my best to make it look smooth like DC2, but I just don't know how. I tried ripping off some other gfx file... like maybe BD2k3, but that has way too many animations. Sigh. I know what you guys are going to say though... "Mark, if you want to make smoothly animated graphics, you're going to have to write script in the conf file." Arg! I knew you were going to say that!... Well, it took me about 2 weeks to get the DC2 graphics togather. (some still missing. like the conveyor belts WAY too much work.) I wonder if writing a seperate conf for DC2 would make an improvment?
The Emerald King
Mark

Post by Mark »

btw: I hate scripting. I just despise it. I understand it to a certain degree, but I don't know what governs it all... like I put this animation in for a custom element, and it starts animating immediately. What if I only want it to start animating after I push a button or something? Argh. I'm so lazy. Seriously, though. I do not like writing conf.
The Emerald King
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> What if I only want it to start animating after I push a button or something?

Just use two CEs (one non-animated, one animated) and change the first CE to the second (animated) CE if the button (also created by another CE)
was pressed by the player.

(My answer is a bit late, I know...)