Rescue Rover?

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

bojster

Rescue Rover?

Post by bojster »

One guy, who likes RnD and, as he said, would like to see it as a growing platform for BD-like games, asked me if it'd be possible for RnD to support Rescue Rover's engine, i.e. if it's possible to put Rescue Rover's levels in RnD with full compatibility... I have no idea about CEs etc., but the game seems nice (I played it in dosbox), so I thought I'd ask you lot what you think about it.
Rescue Rover is a game by Tom Hall published in 1991 by id software. Unfortunately, as far as I know it's shareware, I managed to get some demo version from http://www.dosgamesonline.com. So I guess that is, sort of, out of the question, right? I really wish that guy who asked me about this wrote here himself, I hate running other people's errands... anyway, feel free to put your comments here.
Alan

Post by Alan »

I've never heard of if, but it looks interesting... sort of mirror magic crossed with R&Ds?
I think it would be possible to convert it using CEs....a big job though.

He certainly has an impressive CV of games (a map maker on Doom!)

>Deus ex, I voiced Walton Simons, and some other folks.

Deus ex is one of my all time favorite RPGs and I like the voice acting a lot, especially Walton Simons (the evil guy).... I always wondered what he looked like.