Playlist mode

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Eizzoux

Playlist mode

Post by Eizzoux »

Simple, but heavy weight resource set, playing standard R'n'D/MM music anywhere you want as a "playlist". You can scroll between three songs (3 original songs of R'n'D/3 original songs of MM) by clicking the note button in the bottom left corner. When you scroll to next song, the name and artist of current song will appear on the right of note button.
Problem: This resource set is very heavy due the only supported sound formats - WAV. That would be much better if all the audio formats could be supported for music and sounds both (at least MP3, MP4, AAC or OGG or maybe even MOD :D ).

Download (Warning: it's gonna take very long to download it)
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Playlist mode

Post by Holger »

Cool idea, man, and well done! :D

Regarding those large WAV files: What's wrong with just using the original MOD files, and define them as global animation music instead of global animation sounds? All you need is put the MOD files into the "music" folder and add these three lines to "musicinfo.conf":

Code: Select all

global.anim_1.part_1:chiptune.mod
global.anim_1.part_3:cream_of_the_earth.mod
global.anim_1.part_5:apoplexy.mod
(And remove the corresponding three lines referencing the WAV files from "soundsinfo.conf".)

Seems to work just as fine as your original version, and uses a lot less disk space (and download volume)! :)
Eizzoux

Playlist mode weight fix

Post by Eizzoux »

Holger wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:15 am Regarding those large WAV files: What's wrong with just using the original MOD files, and define them as global animation music instead of global animation sounds? All you need is put the MOD files into the "music" folder and add these three lines to "musicinfo.conf":

Code: Select all

global.anim_1.part_1:chiptune.mod
global.anim_1.part_3:cream_of_the_earth.mod
global.anim_1.part_5:apoplexy.mod
Oh, I didn't know that's actually possible, I just kind of adapted that music was only playing on several screens, not by any game or menu elements, until now. All that actually makes sense now. Fixed now, but I can't edit the topic now, so... I only updated the file itself. :D
EDIT: But there's still one problem - while the music is playing and you go to another screen (from main menu to the gameplay, for example), the music fades out, so you need to click three times to get that track again. I get it, it is being triggered by the screen changing system itself but... will that be possible for music on anims to keep going just like you did with keeping going the music if the same track is set for neighboring screens?
𒈟
Eizzoux

Playlist mode upd 2

Post by Eizzoux »

Okay, here's another little update only changing list sizes for some menus so the music button wouldn't cover the bottom buttons which just looks awkward.
R'n'D playlist compare
R'n'D playlist compare
pl_upd_rnd.png (145.83 KiB) Viewed 4407 times
MM playlist compare
MM playlist compare
pl_upd_mm.png (94.36 KiB) Viewed 4407 times
Just redownload it (again) or click here -> (a shortcut)
𒈟