It´s finished, finally !

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Don Shadow

It´s finished, finally !

Post by Don Shadow »

I could complete my 53 level-containing campaign...

It was very much work thought... I hope some of you like it.

http://de.geocities.com/richardkleber/RnD/rnd.html
bojster

Post by bojster »

rocksndiamonds: warning: cannot load image file './levels/Various/Richard/The Invasion of the Spaceships/Episode 1/graphics/esp_murphy.pcx': LoadImage() failed: Read_PCX_to_Pixmap(): invalid PCX file './levels/Various/Richard/The Invasion of the Spaceships/Episode 1/graphics/esp_murphy.pcx'
rocksndiamonds: cannot load artwork file 'esp_murphy.pcx'
rocksndiamonds: aborting

(even though 'file' says:
levels/Various/Richard/The Invasion of the Spaceships/Episode 1/graphics/esp_murphy.pcx: PC bitmap data, Windows 3.x format, 192 x 32 x 24)

Anyone?
Don Shadow

Post by Don Shadow »

Weird... I will check the pcx now...

That one pcx (esp_civil.pcx) seems to be a bit crap... PsP 8 says it is no valid pcx file... :-/

Well, I know what was the problem. I used IconArt and PsP 8 to make graphics, so I inserted them on a bmp file... the future graphics are normal.

Thx for report, fixed now. :)

All graphic files in all 3 episodes should work fine now.
bojster

Post by bojster »

Yes, it works now. And so far that levelset seems nice, or at least I enjoy it. Thank you.
bojster

Post by bojster »

Tapes for Episode 1 are ready: http://roger4.net/~bojster/rnd/episode1.zip
The rest coming soon, if I have time.
bojster

Post by bojster »

Episode 2, level 3: I don't get it... I killed all the red whatevers and the exit stays closed. Any tip?
Don Shadow

Post by Don Shadow »

Oh yeah... omg, I made something really stupid... fixed now, thx again for your report ! :)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Episode 2, Level 12: After (unsuccessfully) trying for some time to wipe out the blue whatevers, I get teleported to the room with blue envelope. Then I teleport myself back to the starting point and again try to get rid of the bluies and again, after some time I'm teleported to that room... and that's it! I can't get out, I can't do anything... huh?
Don Shadow

Post by Don Shadow »

Oh, yeah, you would need to enter the field between the 2 black-yellow hardwares. And I added 2 lines into the envelope too where to leave this room.

Anyways, that and some other levels were fixed now too... *caugh*

I will upload it later or tomorrow... Yahoo doesn´t work again... I will notice you than. :/
bojster

Post by bojster »

Oh, yeah, you would need to enter the field between the 2 black-yellow hardwares.
Tried that, unsuccesfully.
And I added 2 lines into the envelope too where to leave this room.
Anyways, that and some other levels were fixed now too... *caugh*
I will upload it later or tomorrow... Yahoo doesn´t work again... I will notice you than. :/
I'm eagerly awaiting downloading the fixed levelpack ;-)
Don Shadow

Post by Don Shadow »

OK, I updated it now, Yahoo seems only to work nights, weird... :P

Anyways the teleport is only 3 steps under the blue envelope !
bojster

Post by bojster »

I see no difference: after I'm teleported to that room AGAIN, I can't leave it. Let alone that I see no point in me being teleported there for the SECOND TIME, apart from making my efforts wasted. Here's the tape, check it for yourself: http://roger4.net/~bojster/rnd/tapes/Ep ... 2/012.tape
Don Shadow

Post by Don Shadow »

The second time ? Oh yeah... I think the field at the start changes to the player if you get teleported back.

I think I know the problem: You should not get teleported a second time to that room. The field that brings you there changes to the player, but it doesn´t disappears since the last rnd-versions (Holger ?). So that CE that always brings you there does not disappear. But the CE that teleports out of there disappears if you enter it (I made it so), cause I have not expected you could get back into this room.

Anyways fixed now. The CE that teleports you IN the room disappears than after changing. (-> Holger: I only deactivated the walkability...)

BTW: I now made a bit better teleportation back. Have a look yourself when....... Yahoo works again. :(
bojster

Post by bojster »

Yeah, OK, I'm glad we settled that. But what am I supposed to do in that level anyway? Wipe all the bluies out? Seems a bit tedious, especially if I have to restart (by teleportation) every once in a while...
Don Shadow

Post by Don Shadow »

It´s easy lol. You just need to let them grow the whole level full and shot them away. You are invulnerable in the blue laser walls.

"Use their strenght as their weakness !"
Their strenght is their fast growing.
And the point they explode into that amoeba-gas is very important too.

The exit opens if none of these blue things hit any steel wall (means you should kill all of em, else the exit changes everytime to itself and always resets the timer to 8 seconds).