Fifteen Etudes

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

nooodl

Fifteen Etudes

Post by nooodl »

Image Image Image

Fifteen Etudes

Fifteen levels that aim to be fun and challenging, but not *too* challenging. As a design philosophy, the levels are mostly based on built-in objects used in clever ways, instead of custom elements. Inspired by Equinox Tetrachloride's levelsets and old Amiga MODs.

Most of this levelset was made in late 2011, I think. I since lost all of the solution tapes, but I assure you that each level is possible.

(EDIT: Welp, most of these are actually harder than I remember them. I guess you should at least not feel bad about saving halfway through some of the levels.)
Eizzoux

Nice!

Post by Eizzoux »

Wow, nice! Graphics looks like some dark as my this gfx:
Last edited by Eizzoux on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
𒈟
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Fifteen Etudes

Post by Holger »

Very nice levels, nice looking "dark" theme and cool MOD tunes -- great work! :-)

BTW: If you should ever find those solution tapes, or should be able to re-record them, it would be nice to add them (and I could then add your set to my automatic engine test-run, to ensure they will always be solvable also with future versions of R'n'D (even though the R'n'D game engine is not expected to change that much anymore, but you never know)).
nooodl

Post by nooodl »

Remade my tapes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/154 ... _tapes.zip

Thanks for the feedback!
equinox

Post by equinox »

nooodl wrote:Fifteen levels that aim to be fun and challenging, but not *too* challenging. As a design philosophy, the levels are mostly based on built-in objects used in clever ways, instead of custom elements. Inspired by Equinox Tetrachloride's levelsets and old Amiga MODs.
Nice to be an inspiration for something :)

I agree they are quite hard! "Prague" (rocks and balloons over acid) is very devious.

BTW, I made another level set not too long ago, which will hopefully make it into the next release.