How did they make that GFX?

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

AutoFire55555

How did they make that GFX?

Post by AutoFire55555 »

For levelsets such as BD2K3, the graphics looks so good. Do you make a 3D model, then take screen shots in sertain poses? Or do you hand make them?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

As far as I understand, Alan Bond used both methods for creating the impressive artwork for BD2K3. Some information can be found in the file "readme.txt" in the BD2K3 zip archive:
All graphics were done in 3D Studio Max 3, Poser 4 and Paintshop Pro 7. Wav music done in Cakewalk 6 with soundfonts, Midi also in Cakewalk.
It's really one of the best graphic sets for R'n'D! (And it can not only be used to play BD2K3, but also to play other R'n'D levels that do not use custom elements with own graphics.)
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Holger wrote:It's really one of the best graphic sets for R'n'D!
I second that - and Jüe's set is excellent also!
Both are very professional. :)
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
AutoFire55555

Post by AutoFire55555 »

Holger wrote:As far as I understand, Alan Bond used both methods for creating the impressive artwork for BD2K3. Some information can be found in the file "readme.txt" in the BD2K3 zip archive:
All graphics were done in 3D Studio Max 3, Poser 4 and Paintshop Pro 7. Wav music done in Cakewalk 6 with soundfonts, Midi also in Cakewalk.
It's really one of the best graphic sets for R'n'D! (And it can not only be used to play BD2K3, but also to play other R'n'D levels that do not use custom elements with own graphics.)
I agree. I have a 3D modeler called Blender and I use Gimp as my image editer.