Help Wanted!

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Which do you want to get done the soonest?

megaman rpg
33%
brick builder
67%
all of them!!
No votes
none of them!!
No votes

Total votes: 6

AutoFire55555

Help Wanted!

Post by AutoFire55555 »

I'm making some new level sets, but It'll take a while to do it all myself. Who ever helps will have their forum name in the credits. Here are the current projects:

name: megaman RPG
CLOSED :cry:

name: brick builder
description: there are lego like bricks
that can fall if they aren't attached to any other bricks.
But can't fall when attached to another brick.
Also, bricks can only connect with other bricks
of the same color. (except transparent bricks which
changes to the color they're attached to and white which
can attach to any brick without changing.)
todo:
get the sprite sheets setup: |
get the code (conf) setup: |
get the code (level) setup: |
setup the sounds: |
make the levels: |
other: N\A

name: Gold gatherer
description: Will (or should) be like the game Lode runner.
(google to find out about it.) Will include ladders, horizontal
and vertical poles, traps, puzzles, and, of course, enemies. :)
todo:
get the sprite sheets setup: O
get the code (conf) setup: O
get the code (level) setup: |
setup the sounds: N\A
make the levels: |

todo key:
X: Hasn't had any work yet.
|: Has been worked on, but not done.
O: done
N\A: nothing needed to do from the start.

I will give more info when there is a call. :) :) :) :D :D
Last edited by AutoFire55555 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Are you talking about new games, or just Rocks'n'Diamonds levelsets?
AutoFire55555

Post by AutoFire55555 »

"Are you talking about new games, or just Rocks'n'Diamonds level sets?" Rocks'n'Diamonds level sets
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Then I'll move the thread to "Level and Artwork Design", since it was posted in "Programmer's Corner" before.

As for me, I think "Brick builder" sounds more interesting.

I think you could tell more what exactly you have done. And what you plan to do yourself, and what you need help with. People don't have so much time around here, unfortunately :(

And oh, have you thought about whether or not the Megaman graphics are copyright protected?
AutoFire55555

Post by AutoFire55555 »

"And oh, have you thought about whether or not the Megaman graphics are copyright protected?"
It is copyrighted(I think), but then why would there be sprites for free download? And besides, I'm only going to make it for the games that are old, such as megman 2. Also, I've seen several online games that use the sprites and are megman related, and they don't put copyright info anywhere on the game.

Also:"As for me, I think "Brick builder" sounds more interesting."
Here's the additional info:
I will finish up on the bricks, however, the machines need quite a bit of work. In this level set, there will be a machine that will make bricks of the corresponding color of pellets that are fed into it.(There must be ten pellets.) Also there will be a machine that can turn bricks into liquid plastic. (will kill when touched on the top or pushed from the side unless the user has a pair of gloves.) Another machine will turn a kettle of melted plastic into five plastic pellets. There will also be a refinery for sorting bits of plastic in each rock. Each rock will yield three plastic pellets.

You can find the sheets here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=16c9 ... 3aac26ca9e

If you have any ideas, please post

[edit]There is also batteries that will power the machines. Most will need three small batteries or on big one.
AutoFire55555

Post by AutoFire55555 »

off topic
How do I edit my poll? I read the FAQ and it said that I can't change my poll because
people have already voted on it. But I just want to add another option. Is there another way how I can edit this besides being and administrator?
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

You can't add another option, because then the current results of the poll would be inaccurate if somebody who already voted would have chosen the new option instead.

If you really want to add another option, then either 1) a moderator of the forum may be willing to do it for you; or 2) you could start a new poll (which unfortunately would have to be a separate topic).
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Daniel H. wrote:1) a moderator of the forum may be willing to do it for you;
Which I might want to do depending on what the additional possible answer to the poll would be?
Dark

Post by Dark »

I like the idea of load runner in rnd. Usually I've not been too keen on levels with gravity sinse the gravity tends to be rather strict, but for load runner it would work, and puzles for that would be fun.

Though I'm a pretty major mega man fan, I'm a litle less sure how that would work in rnd precisely, considdering the needed Ai and movement for bosses and enemies, pluss of course the previously mentioned issue with jumping.