REALLY Hard Level (and hopefully more)

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Yoshi348

REALLY Hard Level (and hopefully more)

Post by Yoshi348 »

I was playing around with the original EM levels, and... I think I made one way too hard. So I'm gonna see if any of you can do this one. Remember level 17, with the magical wall and yams? Well, you need to get EVERY stone this time. And, there's something a bit different which is the part that makes it TOO evil. If anyone can get a tape of this, I'd be in awe at their playing skills and/or patience.

Also, as I hopefully make more levels (maybe not so evil) I think I'll stuff them in this thread rather than make a new thread for all of them. Cleaner that way.
richard

Post by richard »

Ämm... you made a problem with the levelinfo.conf !
The levelinfo has no "first_level", so it takes the number 0. Your level is on 1. The result is, that Bojster wouldn´t play the level than. :wink:

Just insert: "first_level: 1" into the levelinfo.conf
bojster

Post by bojster »

Haha :D
I'm not very eager to play it anyway, but maybe some day.
BTW, Richard, I had some time to play RnD yesterday (after some days of not playing it) and EEM1 is almost complete, 2 more tapes. Check tapes 1-21 at the usual place.
richard

Post by richard »

Oh, thanks Bojster ! I think now I have every needed tapes for EEM1. :D
And yes... now I even have the complete tapes for all 9 levelsets.
bojster

Post by bojster »

I got all the stones, but the magic wall could run 1,5 times longer, because I only managed to make 80 emeralds :P
Well, I'll try to prepare them better before running the magic wall. Tape soon ;-)
bojster

Post by bojster »

Grrrr... OK, so I recorded a 20-minute tape only to realize that I've accidentally blown one stone in the very beginning... and even if I didn't, I must have done it two more times anyway, because I'm missing 3 emeralds. Oh well, maybe I'll repeat it some another time.
bojster

Post by bojster »

OK, so here's the tape: http://roger4.net/~bojster/rnd/tapes/WA ... D/001.tape
Am I the best or what? :D

Thanks for that bit of entertainment :-)
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

Wow.

And just barely over 1000 seconds, too. If you hadn't done that last sweep, you probably would have made it under 999.
bojster

Post by bojster »

Well, I didn't mind the time at all. If I did (e.g. if there was a time limit), I would do it in a bit more orderly manner. ;-)
TheVirtualVortex

hard levels

Post by TheVirtualVortex »

Hmmm, I'll just try it.

Too bad that there are so many hard levelsets and less "simple" levelsets :-\
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

I finished one of the smaller projects I've been working on... a complete set of element docs. Yeah, I know AB Graph has some, but the English isn't great at all, and there's a few docs on custom elements geared only for his sets. This would hopefully be a lot more able to be plugged into RnD and save Holger some work...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I finished one of the smaller projects I've been working on... a complete set of element docs.
> Yeah, I know AB Graph has some, but the English isn't great at all, and there's a few docs on
> custom elements geared only for his sets. This would hopefully be a lot more able to be plugged
> into RnD and save Holger some work...

Great work! Yes, that's some of the things that's still missing (and that I somewhat forgot about the last time). I'll incorporate it into one of the next versions! Thanks a lot! :-)

BTW: You can also use "element class" names for the filenames, for example, instead of four files "arrow_down.txt", "arrow_left.txt", "arrow_right.txt" and "arrow_up.txt" (with all the same content), you can also simply use one file "arrow.txt". (These "element classes" can be found in the file "src/main.c" in the list "struct ElementInfo element_info[]".)

Thanks again! :-)
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

Yeah, I sort of figured that out halfway through, except the whole look at the source thing. Otherwise I would have gone crazy when it came to the conveyor belts... and don't even get started on the characters...
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Otherwise I would have gone crazy when it came to the conveyor belts... and don't even get
> started on the characters...

Oh... yes, of course! Haven't noticed that on the first view, just looked at files starting with an "a"... :-)