Zelda 2

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Welcome to the forum! :)
Civhai wrote:I searched the whole village three times but I only found two chests with speed boots in it.
You have to get the two chests in the same game. Whichever chest you open first contains the boots; the second chest you open contains the map.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Civhai

Post by Civhai »

No, I opened them two times in the same game and they gave me two speed boots.
Vagelis13

Post by Vagelis13 »

Civhai wrote:No, I opened them two times in the same game and they gave me two speed boots.
That's weird! It works like Daniel said for me! Make sure you have version 3.2.4 of rnd.
I love RnD and I'd prefer it from much "nice" games.

Level Currently Contributing: The City

@Holger: I will tell friends to play RnD ;)
Civhai

Post by Civhai »

Ok, that was indeed the problem. I only had 3.2.3. Now it works fine.

Now I also played it through, but it took me almost 5 hours.
[spoiler]The end was rather hard, especially because I didn't find many hearts (I only had 59 HP when I found the last amulet) and I even missed a weapon. But it still worked, because I healed always killing the ghosts. I also found all the hearts in the end while I searched the shrines, but I didn't find the last weapon. I think I probably missed that one in the lost wood.[/spoiler]

Is really a great game and probably my favorite rnd game. My favorite was the man on the desert island, but I also like all the animals. [spoiler]It really made me sad seeing them all death.[/spoiler]

But is that fish telling the truth? Has someone tried it out? I only got 1600 rupees, so I was too poor.^^
flump

Post by flump »

Hi Civhai,
My favorite was the man on the desert island,
Starring Tom Hanks and his coconut no less! ;-)

Ghosts aren't that bad since they always give you something. A good tip is to find a lot of bushes, free every ghost then drop a single bomb in the middle of them.
But is that fish telling the truth?
Maybe a bit vague this, but he's a "red herring" (get it?). Since you can't put him back in the water anyway it was kind of a hint that he's a liar.

[spoiler]
The few other secrets are........every person changes into something "ironic" at the end (only the guard dies). For example Zelda turns into Toad from Mario Bros "Our princess is in another castle" *groan*. Seeing them all is hard work though.

3 Hyrule field shortcuts that can save hours of walking around (If you press a normal wall then nothing happens....but if you press a destructable wall then Link will change animation to give you a clue).

A heart in the top left of Furnace (hardest one to find this). There are two walls with snakes on, one has glowing eyes the other doesn't....

A large crate (shadow temple) with the words "Zelda III" stamped on the side....what could it mean?

Oh and the ice bunny (called "thing") who shares the secret of the fences with you, which nobody seems to have discovered yet! ;-)

And the secret whore-house of course! (200 Rupees admission)

[/spoiler]
Davacardo

Post by Davacardo »

I just tried to download it, but it doesn't exist anymore?
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

The download on the Levels and Artwork page still works for me; did you try to get it from there yet?

About the[spoiler]fence secret[/spoiler]:
[spoiler]In Mabe village (or whatever it is), there's two screens with fences that almost form a complete square. If you hammer all the posts in these, each of the them [the posts] turns into a random item (heart/rupee/ammo)[/spoiler]
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
Davacardo

Post by Davacardo »

No actually, I tried to get it from this thread. But the download on the L&A page works, thanks very much!
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

You're welcome, and have fun!
IMHO, this is the most amazing thing that's been made with RnD so far! :D
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

Although it's been said yet many times, I only
want to add: Wow, this is amazing!
You can't recognize it as Rocks'n'Diamonds!
It is virtual ridiculous to see a "common" level
next to this!
Congratulations! :)
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

I've got a little suggestion to Alan:
Maybe you should delineate the boundaries of a room on
the map.
Or is this part of the challenge?
flump

Post by flump »

:? Each room is surrounded by a large purple border, unless you've changed the graphics that is.

*edit*

I thought you meant the editor map, not the in-game one. The editor map is much easier to read ;-)
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

Sorry, I should have said it clearlier, with "map" I mean the map of Hyrule you can open by holding ACTION+RIGHT (was it RIGHT?).
I don't mean the playscreen.