According to my old project...

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Larry Stein

According to my old project...

Post by Larry Stein »

I tried the version 3.2.4-1. Some of them just fit me, but it is still not enough.

From this version, CE Score Max and CE Count Max have increased to 999, but I'm not sure if it is possible to show needed gems and ammo in 4 digits, and score in 6 digits. I hope in version 3.2.4 will also have CE Score up to 99999 and CE Count up to 9999.

The problem that the weapon ammo is independent hasn't solved yet. When I used up one weapon's ammo, it will downgrade.

In my modified Zelda game, the score in harder difficulties may be easily max out of 99999, so I need a 6-digits' display.

Is it possible to make player's start location other than the first area in Zelda? I need this to make continuous levels.

Also, I hope RnD 3.2.4 will have the ability to have exits that will just lead you to another level without ending a game (You'll keep everything to the next level), because it's needed to make an episode of a levelset. Also, I want to have the ability to make invisible levels (Other levels of an episode, such as 001-1.level, 001-2.level, and so on.)

I hope RnD will have a special way to save games. Saving games as a replay is a best way to undo your failures, but it is a trouble while loading it. The instant loading will only work if you don't close the program. If you launch the program and load it again, you'll have to wait for minutes and if the tape is too long, it may cause data loss.
Zomis

Re: According to my old project...

Post by Zomis »

Larry Stein wrote:The problem that the weapon ammo is independent hasn't solved yet. When I used up one weapon's ammo, it will downgrade.

Is it possible to make player's start location other than the first area in Zelda? I need this to make continuous levels.
These issues might be solveable using CE-techniques. I have a little idea about the first issue, but I'm not sure it would work. And for the second issue: Just investigate in how Zelda uses CEs and their mechanisms and it's probably solveable.
Larry Stein wrote:Also, I hope RnD 3.2.4 will have the ability to have exits that will just lead you to another level without ending a game (You'll keep everything to the next level), because it's needed to make an episode of a levelset. Also, I want to have the ability to make invisible levels (Other levels of an episode, such as 001-1.level, 001-2.level, and so on.)

I hope RnD will have a special way to save games. Saving games as a replay is a best way to undo your failures, but it is a trouble while loading it. The instant loading will only work if you don't close the program. If you launch the program and load it again, you'll have to wait for minutes and if the tape is too long, it may cause data loss.
Unfortunately, neither of these will happen in a very near future. But I also hope both of them will happen some day.
If you save all the "instant loading" data to disk, it will take up more than 3 MB, but I do think that it could be worth it when playing Zelda. RnD could ask you if you'd like to load/save the information. But well, we'll see what Holger says.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I'm not sure if it is possible to show needed gems and ammo in 4 digits,
> and score in 6 digits.

Yup, that possible with the new GIC options.

> The problem that the weapon ammo is independent hasn't solved yet.
> When I used up one weapon's ammo, it will downgrade.

I hope you will find a way solve this problem! :-)

> so I need a 6-digits' display.

See above. (Currently only available in the pre-release version.)

> Is it possible to make player's start location other than the first area in
> Zelda? I need this to make continuous levels.

This should be possible, although I haven't analyzed Alan's Zelda level too much...

The last two suggestions/ideas are probably something for the not-so-near future, as Zomis already stated.