Is it possible to do this?

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Larry Stein

Is it possible to do this?

Post by Larry Stein »

I have to say, I need a way to make a weapon have more than 255 shots in Zelda. 255 shots for the last 6 weapons is still not enough.

Also, the weapon downgrades (shoots slower) when ITS ammo is used up and there were still shots for earlier weapons. Is it possible to merge the ammunition which the player is carrying?

Also, there may be a bug that the tape of Zelda may probably end up in a dead end. For example, if you're trying to pass the enemy line when you have 0 shots, the tape may probably stop you or cause some other abnormal actions.

EDIT: If Alan documented the font description, I'll fix the font problem. Also, I'm changing the "Is Link Awake?" into "Top 20 Players". Is it possible to make the "HALL OF FAME - HISCORE OF LEVEL X" on the top of the list disappear so I can make my own background?
Daniel H.

Re: Is it possible to do this?

Post by Daniel H. »

Larry Stein wrote:I have to say, I need a way to make a weapon have more than 255 shots in Zelda. 255 shots for the last 6 weapons is still not enough.

Also, the weapon downgrades (shoots slower) when ITS ammo is used up and there were still shots for earlier weapons. Is it possible to merge the ammunition which the player is carrying?
If you set the number of shots ("count") to zero, then you will get an infinite supply of that weapon provided that you have used up all of the shots of any weapons with limited shots.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I need a way to make a weapon have more than 255 shots

This limitation should be extended, yes.

> Is it possible to merge the ammunition which the player is carrying?

By some tricky CE settings, maybe yes...

> Also, there may be a bug that the tape of Zelda may probably end up in a
> dead end. For example, if you're trying to pass the enemy line when you
> have 0 shots, the tape may probably stop you or cause some other
> abnormal actions.

Is this behaviour reproducible? Does (in this case) the tape recorder really stop, and the game continues without recording?

> EDIT: If Alan documented the font description, I'll fix the font problem.

Well, that's not Alan's fault -- I think *I* should document this... (Not sure at the moment if this is covered by Francesco's upcoming R'n'D manual (which I still didn't manage to upload and announce to the main R'n'D site -- shame on me :-o ).)

> Also, I'm changing the "Is Link Awake?" into "Top 20 Players". Is it possible
> to make the "HALL OF FAME - HISCORE OF LEVEL X" on the top of the list
> disappear so I can make my own background?

Yes, this is possible -- either by defining an invisible (transparent) font, or by using a draw offset value that places the text off the screen. Alan used the second solution, if I haven't missed anything:

font.text_1.SCORES.draw_yoffset: -600

This makes sure that anything that is printed to the SCORES screen (R'n'D window height is 560 pixel) gets printed off the screen and is therefore not visible!
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:> I need a way to make a weapon have more than 255 shots

This limitation should be extended, yes.
Please also increase the maximum value of "CE Score" to 9999 or so. I reported that in a bugpost a month ago or so.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Please also increase the maximum value of "CE Score" to 9999 or so.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking of (increasing it where it seems to make sense).

> I reported that in a bugpost a month ago or so.

It's not a bug! It's a feature request! This is a big difference! :-)
Larry Stein

Post by Larry Stein »

Holger wrote: > Also, I'm changing the "Is Link Awake?" into "Top 20 Players". Is it possible
> to make the "HALL OF FAME - HISCORE OF LEVEL X" on the top of the list
> disappear so I can make my own background?

Yes, this is possible -- either by defining an invisible (transparent) font, or by using a draw offset value that places the text off the screen. Alan used the second solution, if I haven't missed anything:

font.text_1.SCORES.draw_yoffset: -600

This makes sure that anything that is printed to the SCORES screen (R'n'D window height is 560 pixel) gets printed off the screen and is therefore not visible!
Well, if this happens, will the high score list remains, only the title "HALL OF FAME - HISCORE OF LEVEL X" disappears? I tried, but it doesn't work.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Well, if this happens, will the high score list remains, only the title "HALL OF
> FAME - HISCORE OF LEVEL X" disappears?

Exactly.

> I tried, but it doesn't work.

Probably you used "font.text_1.SCORES", as in your screenshot. For the title, you have to use the title fonts, "title_1" and/or "title_2". ("text_1" to "text_4" is used for the high score list text.)

For good examples for hiding "classic" text and replacing it with text drawn onto background images, also see the "jue" sets (on the R'n'D download page).
asiekierka

Post by asiekierka »

Incerase "CE Value" to 32767 and "CE Score" to 32767 OR 99999.

Best range for both will be -9999 to 99999.
GraphicsPack project: 90%
IconXT project: 100% (version final is ready)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

asiekierka wrote:Incerase "CE Value" to 32767 and "CE Score" to 32767 OR 99999.

Best range for both will be -9999 to 99999.
(We're getting a bit off-topic now but...) Both those will be increased in next version (I think Holger said that earlier)

But I don't think negative values will be introduced now, even though it would be a good addition to the future.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

That's right -- the current version of R'n'D only supports positive integer values for CE values, scores etc.. Not sure if/when I will change this.