CE Change Page Question - Target/Tigger

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

DarbCal

CE Change Page Question - Target/Tigger

Post by DarbCal »

Near the bottom on the change page of a custom element, you can choose 'set ce value' in the drop down. When you do, the right drop down will be populated with options. One of them is [CE Value] Tigger and [CE Value] Target. What is this referring to? How does it work?

Thank you,
Cal
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

These options just set the CE value of the current CE to the CE value of the current target or trigger element. (The target element is the element named "new target element after change", and the trigger element is the element named "other element triggering change" in their tool tips.)
DarbCal

Post by DarbCal »

I followed what you said Holger, but I haven't some trouble implementing it. I'm sure if I am interpreting it incorrectly and/or I am missing something.

If I have CE1 with a value of 0 and CE2 with a non 0 value (ie 7). On the change page, CE2 gets value of CE1 when touching CE1. Then on the second change page, CE2 changes when it's CE value gets 0. I am not getting the second change page to occur.

This is my example level: 006.level

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Cal
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

First of all, you haven't checked the "Element changes to"-box for the second change page.

Second, that actually didn't solve it. Seems like some ce actions are unallowed when dropping an element and the element changes by touching...

Some of those are:
Player actions:
Set speed
Move player
Set shield
Set gravity
Set artwork

CE actions
Set ce value

There might be more... this is just some I've checked.
So in reality, there is a change occouring, but the change doesn't toggle the "set ce value" action.