Tutorial Levels

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Yoshi348

Tutorial Levels

Post by Yoshi348 »

I started these during 3.0.8, and before I found out about Niko's levels. However, after a couple of the tapes broke in 3.1.0, I decided I might as well finish it up, as it's not like they're useless just because there's another tutorial floating around. Unzip where you want the set. Comes with tapes.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I started these during 3.0.8, and before I found out about Niko's levels. However, after a
> couple of the tapes broke in 3.1.0, I decided I might as well finish it up, as it's not like they're
> useless just because there's another tutorial floating around.

Very good tutorial in fact! I have added it to the "Tutorials" section, so there are now two tutorial sets in the base package.

About the broken tapes: Maybe you have recorded some of them with a development version between 3.0.8 and 3.1.0? Tapes recorded with those versions may indeed break in the final version... But anyway, the tapes in your package all work well, and will keep working in the future as they are now part of the nightly tape test.

Thanks for your contribution! :-)
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

No, I never used the pre-releases. I'm talking about the spring+conveyor belt change and the deadly shield+enemy with contents bug... Do you still have those down somewhere?
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I'm talking about the spring+conveyor belt change and the deadly shield+enemy with contents
> bug.

Ah, OK. These two are bugs / unintended changes from 3.0.8 to 3.1.0 that weren't discovered during development testing apparently. :-(

I'll see what I can do about that in future releases. In any case, both problems are noted in my BUGS file.