Ideas for "Rockfighter"

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

Ideas for "Rockfighter"

Post by Zomis »

Rockfighter, by Francesco:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?f=425
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?f=493 (renewed level #9)

This levelset is one of my favorites, unfortunately, it only has 9 levels. But here are some ideas which could bring us more levels:

- use expandable walls to stop rocks, use shots to clear some room to make it possible to push an element over the bridge of rocks.
- enemy-creators
- new shot pick-ups (get more avalible combos after picking up stuff), faster shots, and more... different enemies (more like Zelda :D)
- turning directions of the shots (start in one direction, continue in another) - triggered by pushable blocks which looks like arrows
- 4-way shots, 4-way shots big (size=3), 1-way shot ultra (size=5)
- shot gates, shot multiplicators (1 enters, 2/3/4 comes out in same direction or other directions)
- shot eaters: eats up shots
- shot counts (single shots unlimited, more advanced are limited using CE score or such...)
- indestructible things made destructible later
- enemies which needs more than 1 shots to die (using CE values)
- destructible "shield" after 5 or so explosions/smashes on it

Unfortunately, I don't have so much time to implement all these ideas, maybe I could implement some ideas sometimes, but I think I got work to do with RNDFA and RNDDB..
So if anyone else likes, here's some ideas :) Post more ideas if you have any...
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Nice ideas! I haven't got so much time to expand Rockfighter, unfortunately... well, if someone else wants to extend it, you're welcome!
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Nice to see that the Rockfighter topic has appeared again! Francesco, are you planning to continue the development of Rockfighter II? Maybe you wonder why I haven't updated it to my site yet (at least, if you check it for updates), but that is because you were still developing it and it's still on my list with things to upload.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Well, I will for sure, as soon as I get some free time to spend on it... in effect I was playing with that yesterday... well, we'll see, better not to fix dead-lines anyway ;)

And yes, I do check for updates every now and then, but that single level preview was just that, so no need to update it on your site.

Moreover I've made it to know if you all are comfortable with the new timing I gave to the 4 keys combos, just that.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco