Walpurgis Garden

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

sweetsal64

Walpurgis Garden

Post by sweetsal64 »

Hello Alan ( Dr S) could you please help me with Walpurgis Garden please there is no Help file for this great game you made and No pictures what all those Icons do am lost Could you either fix it or send me a copy so I can print it out please. Thanks There is only a picture? :? sweetsal64 needs to know.
Daniel H.

Re: Walpurgis Garden

Post by Daniel H. »

sweetsal64 wrote:Hello Alan ( Dr S)[...]
Dr S made Walpurgis Garden, not Alan. :?:
sweetsal64 wrote:[...]what all those Icons do[...]
Which icons are you referring to? :)
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Sweetsal64, you mean that there is no info screen of the Walpurgis Garden level set?
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Dr S

Post by Dr S »

I didn't think it needed a help file.

Sorry, but I am only changing my old games if absolutely necessary (if they are unplayable on new versions of RnD etc). Coming up with the hundreds of extra little things a complete new levelset needs often ends up taking too much time for too little reason. Maybe in the future if I have more free time and webspace.

Of course, if someone else wants to do it they are more than welcome!
sweetsal64

Walpurgis Garden

Post by sweetsal64 »

Never mind about the icon thing just tell me how I could make some more levels please and sorry about putting in the wrong name Dr s. It gets rather confusing at times. :oops:
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

So you want simply to make new levels?

You could make a copy of the folder that contains the levelset and then edit the levels.

To distinguish between the original and your mod, you would edit the "levelinfo.conf" file, changing the "name" and "author" fields, and you would also set "readonly: false", to be able to edit the levels in the Level Creator.

Note: there are better ways make that, but the above should be the easier and the quicker, IMO.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
sweetsal64

So you want simply to make new levels?

Post by sweetsal64 »

Thanks very much for your help have saved file will print it out when my refill arrives. Thanks again sweetsal64 :D
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

You're welcome. But what file are you going to print? I don't catch this point :?
Francesco
sweetsal64

Walpurgis Garden instructions

Post by sweetsal64 »

Hi there I am going to print the instructions you posted me. It is much easier for me to do that way and thanks again. Sweetsal64
sweetsal64

question

Post by sweetsal64 »

What is a Avatar? And yes Walpuris garden does need a help file. It is okay for you young ones but us older folk need all the help there is. I tried what you said but it was not as easy as snake.sweetsal64 :cry:
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

The avatar is the picture that appears on the right, below the name of some users, in their posts.

About creating new levels for Walpurgis Gardens, you should explain a little better what problems you are experiencing, like "I can't find the folder of that levelset" or "where exactly should I put that 'readonly: false'?".

If you were just saying that it wasn't easy, but that you did it, then it's another story.

Anyway, some detailed instructions about all this stuff will be available soon for all RnD users.
Francesco
sweetsal64

walpuris garden

Post by sweetsal64 »

Thankyou will wait till then. Thanks again sweetsal64 :D
sweetsal64

Walpuris garden

Post by sweetsal64 »

Francesco what are the other better way,s of making levels for walpuris garden as I have tried many times and it just doesnot work what you said to do. Thanks. sweetsal64 :cry:
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Hope my instructions in the PM have been clear enough, feel free to ask again if you need.

Don't forget to share with us your levels once you have created them! ;)
Francesco