Zelda for RND

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Larry Stein

Post by Larry Stein »

Alan wrote: There's actually a 100 highscores per level.....you have to press the up\down cursors to see them all though (or pageup\pagedown).
I think I should place an initial value for it. :). The highest value, i hope it will be 999999 instead.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Larry I meant to ask, have you made a new map for your game? It isn't too hard to do and I'd be happy to explain how (if you don't know already that is). I only ask because I wouldn't mind playing Zelda with a new map I've never seen before (I don't play my own games). It would be......interesting ;-)
Larry Stein

Post by Larry Stein »

Alan wrote:Larry I meant to ask, have you made a new map for your game? It isn't too hard to do and I'd be happy to explain how (if you don't know already that is). I only ask because I wouldn't mind playing Zelda with a new map I've never seen before (I don't play my own games). It would be......interesting ;-)
I'm planning to make something based on it. But I need this: To make the levelset save the score of the previous level. For example, If you score 14000 in the first level, make the next level start with 14000 points. (I mean, is there an reference engine to make player crossover from the last level).

EDIT CONCLUSION:
My final conclusion is that I need the program supports up to 6-7 digits score display. I haven't test the program yet, but I think in later difficulties the score can be maxed out of 99999.
Also, I need a way to have 4-digits needed gems and dynamites value in order to make my life and shots over than 1000. (Now it can be 1000, but shows 000 instead.)

Also, I have a plan to create this game to be able to play with 2-4 players, but I fear there will be some problems if one player exitted the area, or entering a different place. Maybe this is an impossible dream.

I hope to make the CE Score can be set up to 99999 and CE Count up to 9999, so I can probably make a 5000 or 10000 bonus points for each 100 rupees.

I hope RnD can expand the CE placeholders because to be honest, like Alan's BD2K3 and this Zelda game, the level or the graphics had used up all the CE places. I hope it will be 400-600 places for me to create. so I cannot insert more like KILLS: 0000, SHOTS: 0000, also some bosses or walls with some amount of HPs.

I have to make a way to prevent players from entering the sword altar before getting all 4 pieces because I want to create a boss inside it and the player can only activate the altar after defeating the boss. This may probably a cannon or something from BD2K3.

As for this, I think, I should have a way to edit the HUD to make a room to display it.

By the way, is it possible to make the players get high scores even they died or leave the level (I mean, quit to menu.) initially which will not need any tricks, and also prevents handicaps (I mean, being able to select next level without finishing a level.)

I'm thinking about something just like this when the game ends:
KILLS: 2794
SHOTS: 3218
RUPEES: 674
ACCURACY: 86.82%
INGAME SCORE: 52540
BONUS: 8500
TOTAL SCORE: 61040
I mean, let the game calculate something that I will placed in the mail envelope, in order to see the gameplay status. Also, I think RnD should have 8 different mail envelopes instead of 4. This may look like the calculation for other games like this in order to give bonuses.

Please calm down that I'm not want you to do this instantly. When the next version is released, these new functions will not put immidently in my next version, 2.4.0 or 3.0.0. I will give you a lot of time to make this come true. It's a long road, I think.

I'm sorry. :( I have said so much. I think I should summarize it as a TXT file instead of here.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

[Topic revival!]

This "Zelda mod" sounds pretty cool - I hope you're still working on it!

I'm currently just designing a new map just for the fun of it. It's quite easy when you place the elements in the proper corner of the 2x2 "room squares".
:)

[Addition] Instead of just having every zone branch out from the purple zone, I'm having several zones be accessible directly from each other (and several zones inaccessible from the purple zone). I've also used rivers in 3 more zones (beside the blue one) and lava in one more (beside the red one). It's becoming quite complicated. :shock: I'll upload it when I'm done, of course, along with a few graphics mods.
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

For Zelda to display properly in 3.2.4, make sure you have the scroll delay set to 0. Thought I'd just put this out there if anyone still plays the first one.
Gamer96

Re: Zelda

Post by Gamer96 »

Hey, sorry for posting here but, I downloaded a day or so ago, and, all the level is, is clear space! :shock: I don't get it, Alan? maybe you know? I haven't downloaded the newest version of RND, but, I have 3.1.2 thanks. :D
I am happy. :D
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Gamer96,

Should it work in 3.1.2? I can't remember what version I used.

Do you mean empty in the preview window on the title screen? (its supposed to look like that and not give away the solution!)

Or do you mean the level is empty (in the editor). There was a problem like this for pac-man where I defined only one level, but two where available and the empty one was shown first. If so then try going to levels on the main menu and press left (or right)

Anyway, Zelda 1 is a bit basic compared to Zelda 2, you should play that instead! :) (get it from Artsoft, and you'll need RnDs 3.2.4 to play it)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hi Gamer96, welcome to the forum!

Yep, neither Zelda nor Zelda 2 will work with your version 3.1.2 -- you need at least version 3.2.1 for Zelda and 3.2.4 for Zelda 2.
Gamer96

Re:Zelda for RND!

Post by Gamer96 »

Thanks, y'all. :P

And, how big is the newest version of RND? Thank you.. 8)

(PS my internet is stupid and won't tell me how big anything is. :o
I am happy. :D
RTADash

Re:Zelda for RND!

Post by RTADash »

Gamer96 wrote:And, how big is the newest version of RND? Thank you.. 8)
The installer is 3.1MB and the plain zip is 4MB. (I recommend the installer :) )