NetWars

All about creating levels and level sets, custom elements and custom artwork.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Alan

NetWars

Post by Alan »

Hi, I'm not sure who saw the original topic..... It was up for a week, but a week of "Too many connections"

I still need feed back.....

Quick recap.... Netwars is an online deathmatch for R&D..... And I need people to test it for me!

Thanks...

NetWars
richard

Post by richard »

Hm... it´s great ! The graphics are perfect, gameplay is guaranted.

But: MG, pistol, sniper rifle don´t hurt in any way.

Alan, you would have to set a CE called (maybe) "destroy", that removes in 0 frames. Set the "destroy" into the place, where the shot should destroy something.

I know, you know how to make it, it´s just a way how I do that. Like in Earth 3120 the plasma cannons for example. :wink:
Alan

Post by Alan »

I don't understand this.... all the weapons work for me. Oh well!
richard

Post by richard »

Hm ? The pistol for example... you shot at a destructible thing like the wall, and it isn´t hurt at all. Just try it ! Anyways, I can´t destroy anything with the pistol... :roll:
Grunt002

Post by Grunt002 »

As far as I know pistos, machine guns, and rifle can only destory the player.

//: I always want to play a single player version of it.
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

I've still got that crashing problem, but it seems like it would be quite fun. Although, it's "loser", not "looser". :wink:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yoshi348 wrote:I've still got that crashing problem [...]
If I understand it right (from your post in the last forum), the program does not crash,
but is aborted with an error message. This is due to a network synchronization bug, caused
by the current implementation of teleporting. In this case, the program stops. (It should
probably better only abort the current game, not the program execution, but it is _not_ a
program crash, which means that the operating system terminates the program. I agree that
under Windows it looks a bit like a crash; I should open a dialog box in such cases...)
Yoshi348

Post by Yoshi348 »

Okay, okay, stupid linguistics. :P

You should probably lay off the manual returns here; at least on my resolution they result in hanging words.
richard

Post by richard »

Ups ! Now I checked it with multiplayer. You are right ! It is like it should be, sorry. :shock: