Caprice: Boulder Dash cheat (Help needed)

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Andy74

Caprice: Boulder Dash cheat (Help needed)

Post by Andy74 »

Hi all,
rather late I discovered the boon of using emulators for reviving old times.
About 15 years ago I used to play Boulder Dash cheerfully on my Amstrad CPC 6128. For practising I also liked to use the cheat mode (pokes) that gave you infinite time per cave and infinite lives.
Recently I could reactivate Boulder Dash successfully with the Caprice-Emulator on my WinXP computer. How much fun this is!
But I'm also looking for a possibility to reactivate the cheat modus. Searching the web I found loader programs in BASIC containing the familiar poke commands for the CPC. They don't work with my emulator, though. I do always get either a hang-up or an error message.
Next I found the multiface extension, that allows me to give poke commands while the program is already running. This works well with other games, e. g. Spindizzy. With Boulderdash, however, Caprice will hang up every time I'll be starting the multiface extension (by pressing the F11 key with Caprice).
If anybody knows a solution to this problem or has just a hint for me how the get to the cheat mode, I'll be glad to hear about it.
Anyway, does anybody play Boulder Dash with the Caprice emulator?

Bye
Andy :)
Andy74

Post by Andy74 »

A solution to my problem is described under the following link, in German language, however.
http://www.cpc-forever.com/index.php?mo ... &topic=397
If a translation is needed, I will provide it upon request (although my English is certainly not the best ...)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Thanks for posting this info here! :-)
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

BTW - Welcome to the Rocks 'n' Diamonds Forum, Andy74! :)
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.