Next version...?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Jannik wrote:Can't wait for it ... :)
The same to me!! :)
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Jannik wrote:Any news about 3.2.0rc8? Can't wait for it ... :)
I didn't think that there will be a 3.2.0rc8: :?
Holger wrote:I have just uploaded a new pre-release version 3.2.0-7 of the upcoming new Rocks'n'Diamonds 3.2.0; this is planned to be the last pre-release version before the release of the final version 3.2.0.
Holger wrote:> Does any more actual development need to be done?

For the final 3.2.0? No, I don't think so. On Saturday, I was even playing around with Inno Setup to create a 'setup.exe' style installer for the Windows version, which seemed to work very fine (just before I was hit by the disk crash).

But -- what's taking so long with Inno Setup?? :D
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I didn't think that there will be a 3.2.0rc8:
> > Holger wrote:
[...]

That's right; 3.2.0-7 was intended to be the last pre-release before final 3.2.0. But as I did quite some changes with the level file format to make it more flexible for the future, I might indeed throw out one last pre-release to let people check if everything's still fine (especially existing levels and functionality).

> But -- what's taking so long with Inno Setup??

Oh, Inno Setup works fine, and creating an installer won't be a big problem. The only thing I found out was that it seems that I cannot create 24/32 bit depth, transparent icons with the tools I used so far -- the current icon looks bad under Windows 2000/XP. But it's not really needed to fix this before the 3.2.0 release... ;-)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> I might indeed throw out one last pre-release to let people check if
> everything's still fine (especially existing levels and functionality).

OK, just done that...