Which of these levels do you think are deserves an award?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

Which of these levels do you think are deserves an award?

Post by Zomis »

Here there are five files listed:
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?c=23

Which of these files do you think is good enough to recieve a "Golden Rockford"-award?
If you'd like, all of them could get a Golden Rockford. But I still wonder which of those files you like best.

Btw: If you have a minute of spare-time, please rate some files at the archive. Some feedback and appreciation for the levelmakers is always nice :)
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

I personally think rndtest09 could get a Golden Rockford. That or Rockfighter; And probably Fransesco would be happy with that...
The fun thing is that this looks like a R'n'D "Nomination" (And the winner of the R'n'D awards 2oo6 is...) ;)
It's actually very hard to choose because all of them are good! :D
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

I think that it could simply stay as it is. Five Silver Rockfords. They are already a very good prize, imho.

I promise the effort to make even better levels, in order to seriously deserve a Golden Rockford.

Be my words far from containing any offence to other "contestants"...
...if I could call so two of my good brand-new game pals (as I am brand-new for you all :wink:) - because I decisely vote for awarding HerzAusGold's RnDtest and Tomi's Maze Generator with Golden Rockfords!
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco

HerzAusGold

Post by Guest »

I think rndTest is out of competition, because it is the game itself.
Only some features added.
So the golden rockford should go to the game (to 3.2.0 if released)
The only wish I have sometimes is to get more response.
- which proplems you have (if any)
- which features you use
- which thing do you miss or suggestions
a.s.o.

IMHO, the golden rockford should go to JUE's WildWest.

Btw: I have no place on my shelf. :wink:
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

I vote for Maze Generator and Master-Rocks, but all of them are great...
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Tomi wrote:I vote for Maze Generator
Hey! You can't vote for yourself!!! :wink: :lol: :D
HerzAusGold wrote:I think rndTest is out of competition, because it is the game itself.
Only some features added.
I don't agree. Making a cool addon to RnD using CEs or modifying the source code makes no difference at all, and I believe that yours is a very cool addon.
So the golden rockford should go to the game
In this case there is really no competition: RnD deserves something more than that. Something like a Diamond Rockford, for all the effort put in it by the author, but I'm pretty sure that our interest in it and our contributions are already considered as a good prize by Holger!
Francesco
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

> Hey! You can't vote for yourself!!!
I've tried to vote as objectively as possible, and said the result... Why exactly can't I vote for my levels if they are good?
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Because each work can be voted/rated by anyone except of its author (not in this particular case, as we are just having fun and not contesting - I hope - I mean in general) but anyway I was kidding! didn't you notice the smilies? :wink: :lol: :D
Francesco
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Of course I understand that you were kidding (and I think I was partly kidding too :wink: )...
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

OK :D

Anyway, if we all remember that netiquette's good habit of adding the *correct* smilie anywhere the sentence could be mistaken - and eventually even adding an explaination for the smilie where even that could be mistaken - we could avoid certain superfluous posts :D

I do actually stare at my screen with a smile like that, it's really joyful!

Good time to everyone!
Francesco
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

So, to make my vote more exact: "I vote for MasterRocks, and would also vote for Maze Generator if it wouldn't be mine."

By "partly kidding too" I've meant that I wasn't very sure about validness of the vote but posted it anyway. (As I said, these are the levels I consider good enough for the award, even if I couldn't vote for them.)

Well, enough on this topic already... (meaning, of course, just self-voting, not this thread)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

OK :D
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

And the result is...
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/info.php?cate=16
3 new Golden Rockfords!
Gratulations to the winners :) You all deserved it well :)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Thanks for the award!

By the way, I'd like to have "Golden Rockford" and "Silver Rockford" pictures to put on my site, just to add some sparkle beside "Rockfighter" and "Master-Rocks"... :wink:
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Francesco wrote:By the way, I'd like to have "Golden Rockford" and "Silver Rockford" pictures to put on my site, just to add some sparkle beside "Rockfighter" and "Master-Rocks"... :wink:
Heh... well... I'm a programmer, not a designer ;)
If anyone wants to create some Silver & Golden Rockfords, I'd be happy to use it for the files archive.