Music in RND and music in general (Splitted)

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

TheVirtualVortex

Post by TheVirtualVortex »

There's also another powerful freeware tracker : it's name is "Buzz". You can connect machines together and make a lots of effects (plug-ins). Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to start with it, especially if you're not used to trackers like Modplug tracker or Fasttracker.

http://www.buzzmachines.com

Have fun!
Alan

Post by Alan »

This modplug tracker is really amazing..... the import and export is great!

It also gave me an idea about R&D wav music. Why use a wav loop, when you can use a mod instead?.

Not mod music, but a mod full of wav loops of the same song.

It only works with songs that have repetitive parts, but I did this on my third try... it's the song Frantic, by Metallica..... I went through the intro cutting out all the loop riffs into wavs, and joined them together in a mod.
If you know the song, then you will be amazed how accurate it is.

Frantic Napster Remix

The reason for all of the above, is because this tune is only 400k, if this was a wav file it would be a few meg. If it was an mp3 and 400k, it would sound crap.

My next song will be "Song 2" by Blur, another great tune with lots of repetitive parts. :wink:
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

i have quite a few mp3 songs i kinda... uh... *borrowed* from my sonic battle game for the gameboy advance which i slightly modified for R&D

they go quite nicely on rocks and diamonds too