Turning right to left/left to right

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Darkon

Turning right to left/left to right

Post by Darkon »

Is it possible to assign a CE to have turning animations for when moving left, then from there turning back round to face right. (for objects that move horizontal only)

I did a litttle test to see and it doesnt seem to work so either im doing something wrong or its not supported.

*edit* Doesnt matter about the file, I pretty much explained exactally how it works using the ball example.
Also, I used turning_from_right.left: (not sure if thats what you ment...)
Last edited by Darkon on Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Sorry, no, this is not supported (yet), although it would be very useful.

If I remember right, I already checked to add such thing, but it wasn't as easy as I thought first. :-/

BTW: What did you try to check if this exists? I'm curious because this might give me a hint on how to implement this...
_Darkon

Post by _Darkon »

Just imagine a ball that bounces from left to right, however when it hits the wall, that ball shows a squishing animation (gets compressed on one side, then uncompresses to bounce back) to face the opposite direction.

Thats all I can say at the moment since im at work but i'll send you a file when I get back to show you exactally what is needed.