Supaplex in RND 3.1.0?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

asiekierka

Supaplex in RND 3.1.0?

Post by asiekierka »

I looking in changes and I find this: - added level loader for loading native Supaplex packed levels

Holger, this is part of upcoming in version 3.3.0 Supaplex engine or joke???
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

That's probably a part of the 3.3.0 Supaplex engine.
All it says is that the levels can be loaded, it doesn't say how, and it also doesn't say is that the levels can be played. ;)

But wasn't the Supaplex engine to come before BD? Maybe Supaplex already is possible, and BD will come in 3.3.0 instead, I can't remember.

But anyways, it's not a joke.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

but ONCE all levels will be fully compatible.. we trust Holger! :)
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Holger, this is part of upcoming in version 3.3.0 Supaplex engine or joke???

It's not a joke, and has nothing to do with the planned Supaplex game engine -- it's just a level loader, to load native Supaplex levels to R'n'D.

To use it, make a directory and put the original Supaplex 111 levels package file ("levels.dat") into it. Then add a file "levelinfo.conf" with the level name, author etc. and the following lines to it:

levels: 111
first_level: 1

That's it. When selecting that level set, you can access all 111 Supaplex levels as if they were converted for R'n'D. (In fact, they get converted on the fly to the R'n'D engine when loaded, always using the latest Supaplex compatibility changes.)