Digdug soil behaviour

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Darkon

Digdug soil behaviour

Post by Darkon »

Hm, Im trying to remember how the soil on dig dug worked, but alas, i cant remember in the slightest, did it behave the same way as Mr.Do? or was it the same as boulderdash? and its been bugging me for quite some time.

I was thinking of making a dig dug style level, but i need to know if its at least possible first :-p
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

IMHO, there are two main differences in Dig Dug when compared to BD/R'n'D:

- You can dig without a "tile based grid" through the sand
- Some monsters can become ghosts and diagonally move through sand

Maybe there are other differences that may make it hard to make a R'n'D based clone I'm currently not aware of...
Alan

Post by Alan »

Funny this..... Mr Do and Digdug are two games I have looked at very recently for a R&Ds conversion!

You are right about the sand in digdug, it's exactly like the sand in Mr Do, If you dig a line throught it, then another next to that one, this leaves a thin line in between. This thin line can be also dug, but enemys can't pass through it...... I think it may be impossible.

As Holger said though, it's not that sand that will give you problems but the floating pookas! (the last one always runs for the exit)

If you want to see MrDo & Digdug in their original arcade format, check your messages.......
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Hm... Well I didnt say it had to be exactally like digdug, I could make some changes... but i feel it could take away the feel of the game...

Oh well, ill give it a try anyhow and see how it turns out