CE question

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Darkon

CE question

Post by Darkon »

ok, basically i was wondering how the custom elements worked, in order of requirements on each change page, i have a CE, on the 1st page i have it set so if it was to hit a certain element, it will explode, but on page 2, i have it set so if it hits anything solid, it changes into something else, now for some reason my CE always ignores page one and moves directally onto page 2

i used to think that CE's checked the changes per page, e.g. page 1, 2, 3
but this proves otherwise, i kinda need the change to work like that as there is no other way i can get this CE to work (that i can think of at the moment)

can anyone clear this up for me?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Well, what happens if you switch page 1 and page 2? Would that work?

Which element does is it said to react on at page 1?
And on page 2, which elements are it said to react on there? If you are using Group Elements here, can't you delete the element on page 1 from this group?

If you could provide an example level, it would be easier to help you.
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

ill just make a few more levels and ill release what ive made since i think its about time i did then you can see what i mean, then i can always release a fixed version at a later date
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> for some reason my CE always ignores page one and moves directally onto page 2

Can you mail this level to me (or upload it to Zomis' file archive and tell me about it)?
Then I will have a look at it!