Pocket PC port?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Pocket PC port?

Post by Guest »

Can someone port R'n'D to Windows Mobile 2003? The Pocket PC it should run on is a 624MHz Dell Axim X30, which is faster than some old desktop PCs.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

The Pocket PC hardware should be no problem -- you are right that they should be fast enough now, and should have enough RAM in most cases, too. And yes, it would be a nice challenge to port R'n'D to mobile devices like the Pocket PC platform.

The starting point for the Pocket PC port would be the SDL version of R'n'D. From the SDL site: "There is also code, but no official support, for Windows CE [...]". So it seems that Windows CE is supported by SDL, and that it should therefore be relatively easy to port R'n'D to Windows CE (and therefore Pocket PC).

Anybody interested to start this? Unfortunately, I currently have neither time nor a sufficiently actual Pocket PC to do it by myself for now...

Post by Guest »

I'm also here because I'm looking for a Pocket PC port of Rocks 'n' Diamonds. I love the game very much and for me it seems predestined for the Pocket PC platform.

Thorsten
DiPal

Post by DiPal »

viewtopic.php?t=531 limited PocketPC port