Emerald Mine Engine and Snapping

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

mr-ed

Emerald Mine Engine and Snapping

Post by mr-ed »

I read the "New Version and EMC Levels" post between Darkon and Sollon in August 2005 and it partially answers my question - that there is a deliberate time delay in setting dynamite and snapping in the EMC engine. My question seems to be "how do I snap a falling diamond in this new EMC engine?" It is not a keyboard question, but rather a timing(?) question.

Example scenario:
My player is standing in a place where rocks and diamonds are falling past.
I want to snap the diamonds out of the rocks as they go by, but I have never been able to snap even one by accident. It's like snap is doesn't work in this situation. Snap works as expected elsewhere. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for a wonderful game engine.
Mr Ed
dave

Re: Emerald Mine Engine and Snapping

Post by dave »

mr-ed wrote:how do I snap a falling diamond in this new EMC engine?
it has never been possible to shoot a diamond or emerald while they are falling in emerald mine. perhaps you could in boulderdash or other clones, but not in real emerald mine.
mr-ed wrote:I want to snap the diamonds out of the rocks as they go by
the diamond or emerald must land on something (and go ding!) before you can collect/shoot it. as long as it stops (even if what it landed on has fallen away) you can get it.
mr-ed

Post by mr-ed »

OK, that explains it.

Thank you Dave for the reply.

Mr Ed