Can anyone suggest a Boulderdash like level set?...thanks...

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

ktulu1975

Can anyone suggest a Boulderdash like level set?...thanks...

Post by ktulu1975 »

Hi there - was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good Boulderdash like level set - without any dynamite or keys or monsters or that (apart from Fireflys and the original Boulderdash ones)?

Thanks in advance.

Am hoping that there will be some levels available that are just like an extension of Boulderdash - have really enjoying playing through the original levels again - Bopulderdash is a classic game - cheers there...
Dark

Post by Dark »

Hello.

If you check The Rnd page of martijn's boulderdash fansite found at http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html

there's a long list of many rnd levels organized into different types complete with descriptions.

In particular, there are the additional Bd levels, and some level sets people have created with bd elements but interesting graphics, ---- such as Martijn's own Boulderdash dream set.

There might also be some more recent Boulderdash levels people have created as well which aren't on that page, sinse I don't believe it's been updated for a while, ---- which is a shame.
ktulu1975

Post by ktulu1975 »

Hi there Drak - thank you very much for that info - just checking the page now - cheers there...

just as a by the way - would really love a few online multiplater arcade conversions for PC - like 2 player Bubble Bobble or 4 way Gauntlet II over the internet - would be amazing...

thanks again for that info though...
Dark

Post by Dark »

No problem. i absolutely love that website, sinse it got me entirely into bd games in general, and rnd in particular, ---- I just hope it gets to the point where it will be updated more, ---- maybe if it gets converted into twiki so that more people can help Martijn the web master out with the site.

Gauntlet is a bit of a problematic game for me unless played in absolute arcade, kill all monsters asap mode.

Bubble bobble would rock though! i've got a very well loved copy of the Gba game, bubble bobble old and new, and I've always been slightly disappointed that playing a Gba game on a gamecube with gameboy player, you stil can't actually make it two players.

the same goes for final fight advanced.

for bubble boble though, it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone manages to create a bubble bobble level set with rnd at some time using Ces. that would indeed be cool!