how to play on pocketPC without arrow buttons?

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

vlkv

how to play on pocketPC without arrow buttons?

Post by vlkv »

Hi! A few days ago I found this game, and I think it's really great! But I have one problem with RoNDi... My asus p526 doesnt have arrow buttons!!! Help me please, what shoud I do?

I tried to remap digits-buttons (with AEButton tool), but this doesnt work in the game! :(
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

Hi!

welcome to the forum!

Hmmm...
I see your problem, let me Help!

What you do is open rocks 'n' diamonds, go to setup, go to input devices and it should say the thing to do with moving about. (left arrow right arrow etc etc...)
Then you go to customize.
Then you enter what you want! (by the way the one that you're choosing to customize is the one highlighted in red and green. :D

Oblivion
I like Halo 3!

Oblivion (too)
vlkv

Post by vlkv »

oblivion wrote:Hi!

welcome to the forum!

Hmmm...
I see your problem, let me Help!

What you do is open rocks 'n' diamonds, go to setup, go to input devices and it should say the thing to do with moving about. (left arrow right arrow etc etc...)
Then you go to customize.
Then you enter what you want! (by the way the one that you're choosing to customize is the one highlighted in red and green. :D

Oblivion

I dont have a 'Setup' item in game menu. There are only 'Levels', 'Tape', 'Tools' and 'Exit'... I guess it's different, because it is a pocket pc version. All I know, that this is RoNDi port of Rocks N Diamonds created by DiPal. The original game was created under GPL, so RonDi should be also under this license (am I right?). Does anybody know where can I get the source code of RoNDi? Or maybe somebody can give me DiPal's emal, so I could ask him personally? My email is vitvlkv@gmail.com.
Thanks!
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

thats very strange I can't help you there then, but I know someone that might be able to help...

HOLGER!

Lol :D
I like Halo 3!

Oblivion (too)
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

There should be an option under "Tools" to use the touch screen so you can tap where you want the player to go. I don't know what the option is called, though...
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
vlkv

Post by vlkv »

Daniel H. wrote:There should be an option under "Tools" to use the touch screen so you can tap where you want the player to go. I don't know what the option is called, though...
I have under 'Tools':
- Cheating on/off
- Sound on/off
- FPS 1/DEFAULT
- Show Input
- Show MDL_Other

I've tried all off them, but my RoNDi didnt responce on stilus taps :(

Are you sure RoNDi supports stilus control?
Nathan H.

Post by Nathan H. »

I don't even have a 'tools' menu. Is my version outdated?
'Touch Screen' is the third option on my 'settings' menu, which consists mostly of debug stuff.
vlkv

Post by vlkv »

Nathan H. wrote:I don't even have a 'tools' menu. Is my version outdated?
'Touch Screen' is the third option on my 'settings' menu, which consists mostly of debug stuff.
May I ask you to send me your version of the game, please? vitvlkv@gmail.com
Thank you:)
Nathan H.

Post by Nathan H. »

I just found out why... Mine is the PalmOS version while yours must be the PocketPC version (I see a 'tools' button in the screenshot.)

On my Z22, I can't snap or drop stuff, either... again, control problems...

http://paltch.at.tut.by/
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yes, RoNDi does not have the same menu screens as the PC/Mac version. Unfortunately, I have never checked out the PocketPC version so far, but only the PalmOS version (which works remarkably well)!