RnD Files Archive error(s)

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Davacardo

RnD Files Archive error(s)

Post by Davacardo »

[These posts has been splitted from NES Boulder Dash /Zomis]

I couldn't download it. I got:

Warning: fopen(files/00676) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/zomis/rnd/download.php on line 74
NES_BD.zip was not found, Zomis has been notified.
Come back later and see if the link has been fixed.

It said it yesterday when I tried too.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

Hmmm, that's interesting... :? If it's OK with you, send me a PM with your email address, and I'll mail it to you. :)
Those who can't learn will teach; those who can't teach will learn.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Davacardo wrote:I couldn't download it. I got:

Warning: fopen(files/00676) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/zomis/rnd/download.php on line 74
NES_BD.zip was not found, Zomis has been notified.
Come back later and see if the link has been fixed.

It said it yesterday when I tried too.
Hi Davocardo,
I'm sorry you had to experience that. I admit: There's some strange bug on the archive so the file is suddenly deleted. I've re-uploaded the file about 10 times during these days back to the archive. I'll investigate this strange bug. The crazy thing is that it only happens with this particular file... :shock:
Anyways, sorry that you have to experience that.
(I've reuploaded it again now, let's see for how long it stays there...)
Davacardo

Post by Davacardo »

Sorry to bother, but it is still producing an error.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Davacardo wrote:Sorry to bother, but it is still producing an error.
Yeah, I just noticed that it's back (or gone) again. The server is considering the file to be a virus and because of that, removing it.
I'm waiting a response for the other owners of the webserver. Until then, the file is unavalible.

I've just tried sending the file to your e-mail, Davocardo, but Hotmail also says it contains a virus.. F-Secure on my computer however, does not complain about the file.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Although it is a bit OT here, I am having problems too.
I've tried to mass-download my files, and I got a bunch of errors like this:

Code: Select all

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in /var/www/zomis/rnd/files/massdl.php on line 164
Warning: rename(Trucky Cargos,00398_Trucky Cargos) [function.rename]: Directory not empty in /var/www/zomis/rnd/files/massdl.php on line 207
Then the page follows dumping a lot of binary data, just after those errors... and, of course, no "save file as" is prompted - seems like that binary data is the effective file, but I can't be sure of it.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Davacardo

Post by Davacardo »

If you sent an e-mail Zomis, like you said it didn't come through.
RTADash - I did get your e-mail. Unfortunately, Hotmail refuses to let me download it - "The file NES_BD.zip could not be scanned for viruses because it contains too many embedded zip files."
Maybe that's why it keeps getting deleted?
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

The file was deleted because the compression rate was too high (or low?), I repacked the file using no compression, resulting in a 1.8 MB zip-file for a 1.8 MB levelset. And the file survived the virus scan this night :)

>Although it is a bit OT here, I am having problems too.
>I've tried to mass-download my files, and I got a bunch of errors like this:

I know about this error. I think it's caused by non-finished mass-downloads. I clear all those temporary directories and stuff when I see them, but if you're unlucky (that is, if you try too massdownload when there's temporary files there) then the download header can't be sent, because some errors already were produced. And yes, the binary data is the effective file.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

OK, still off-topic - this thread seems almost ready for a split...
I am here to ask for a fix ;-)
Although I don't give stats a big relevance, they are invalidated by such broken mass-downloads. For instance, now all of my files result to have been downloaded 3 times more (or even more) than the real count. Is there a way to check if the download ended successfully? If so, you should increase that count only after the complete downloads...
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Francesco wrote:OK, still off-topic - this thread seems almost ready for a split...
I am here to ask for a fix ;-)
Although I don't give stats a big relevance, they are invalidated by such broken mass-downloads. For instance, now all of my files result to have been downloaded 3 times more (or even more) than the real count. Is there a way to check if the download ended successfully? If so, you should increase that count only after the complete downloads...
Download ended successfully - No. It's like I can't check if an user actually presses the "save" button when downloading a file, if the user presses the "cancel" button then it's still counted as a download.
But checking for a finalization of the mass-download (checking that no errors came up), yes, that's possible.

Has been splitted now.
Davacardo

Post by Davacardo »

It downloaded successfully.
Thanks!
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Zomis wrote:[...] then the download header can't be sent, because some errors already were produced.
Well, you could turn off the PHP error reporting, or have it log or e-mail errors rather then outputting them.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.