Rocks'n'Diamonds Top 10

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Unfortunately, I haven't updated RnDDB for years... But viewing this topic again, it would of course be interesting! More suggestions for new "Top 10" lists is always welcome of course!
RAP

Post by RAP »

Suggestions just for sillyness or seriousness:
* The shortest time limit within a level or levelset (average)
* How many enemies the player has encountered (by level or levelset, the levelset full of bugs will most likely break it... DX)
* The amount of gems the player has to gather within a levelset/level
* How complex the level/levelset is (exclude CEs, that'll ruin the results if it's added)

@Holger: Super Mine is almost a piece of crap! DX It feels like a trash in of a bunch of mines from previous games and decided to stick it there. The following mine levels: Emerald Mine 1 - 3, Recycled Mine (or Expert Mine), and possibly other levels fron No One. Some of the levels look unfamiliar however -- making me a bit curious on looking some of the levels. But it somewhat backfired when there are empty levels and duplicate levels! Dummy levels: 364-500, Litterally empty levels: 501-999, Duplicate levels: 1080-1255.

For me, I must beat Super Mine's record of 700 levels (or fortunately less) by creating my own levelset!

@Zomis: How powerful is your tool? Does it depend on how you program it? :o
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

RAP wrote:* How complex the level/levelset is (exclude CEs, that'll ruin the results if it's added)
How to measure how complex a level is without checking the CEs?
RAP wrote:@Zomis: How powerful is your tool? Does it depend on how you program it? :o
For being a database of all RnD files you have stored on your computer, I'd say it's quite powerful. It can be customized in some ways by writing some Pascal code within it, unfortunately I'm maybe the only one around here who can do that :/

I like some of the ideas you had there, I'll see if I can find the tool and start it up again. And then I'll probably also need to download all the levels and read them into the database... :)
RAP

Post by RAP »

Zomis wrote:
RAP wrote:* How complex the level/levelset is (exclude CEs, that'll ruin the results if it's added)
How to measure how complex a level is without checking the CEs?
I don't know -- something that I thought, since I've been playing EMC levels lately. Hmm... maybe because both of the Zelda I and II levels are quite complicated?