RND Database - for an overview of all thousands levels

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

RND Database - for an overview of all thousands levels

Post by Zomis »

I just wanted to mention the utility RND Database for those of you who have not seen it. I haven't had time to finish it completely, but in my opinion it is useable already. However, there's much much much more planned which will come when time is avalible for it (I'm working until 6 August and then I'll travel to Taizé, France - where I've been before 4 times - again for a week). So because of lack of time not all planned things are avalible yet (and besides, there's so much I have planned so I don't want to implement it all at once).

I won't say much about the program here, because I want you to try it yourself and tell me what you think about it. And of course, report bugs and give me new ideas :)

But one little bug which isn't mentioned in the program itself: Make sure that you don't have any find active when scanning a levelset or levelgroup for levels. Press "Edit - Cancel Find" before you scan for levels, or else the scanning will be sooooooo slow!

Please, take a few minutes and try it out!
http://www.zomis.net/rnd/download.php?id=516
Daniel H.

RND Database Problem

Post by Daniel H. »

Whenever I try to scan for levels, the progress bar stays at 0% for awhile, then eventually it gets to 8%. Beyond that it doesn't move. :(

That's all I know right now. :oops: I'll try to find more details about which levelset is causing the problem later. :)
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Re: RND Database Problem

Post by Zomis »

Daniel H. wrote:Whenever I try to scan for levels, the progress bar stays at 0% for awhile, then eventually it gets to 8%. Beyond that it doesn't move. :(

That's all I know right now. :oops: I'll try to find more details about which levelset is causing the problem later. :)
That sounds very strange. Could you post me the information shown in debug.txt after the problem has occoured?
Out of all 15000 levels on my computer, there's only one which causes a little problem I don't know how to handle at the moment, but the file is added to the database anyways. I guess that in your case you're adding a small levelset (with 12-13 levels probably) and that the first level is a problem for RNDDB (why it is a problem, I'm not sure of... If a level works in RND it should work in RNDDB too since RNDDB uses the loading code from RND)..