Lasers in R'n'D

For testing of level sketches, avatars, banners and BBCodes.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Lasers in R'n'D

Post by SLAPPYHAPPY2000 »

I'm making a full-on custom level set (apart from the two player level set I am currently working on), currently titled "Laser Game". (creative name am i right :) )

Laser game is kind of like Mirror Magic's "Deflektor", but kind of not. I took inspiration and a few graphics from Deflektor, but I'm trying to keep the premise mainly original. You'll be able to turn on and off lasers to do stuff such as open laser powered gates, destroy walls, refract the lasers off of diamonds, and much more. It's going to be very laser-centric.

It's definitely far from done. I haven't even started making the level set yet, and I'm having trouble getting the laser to work sometimes. But here's my custom sprite sheet for the custom elements! You can see a few of the different elements I'll be using.

This will be my biggest level set ever, and if anyone wants to help me or give me advice, feel free to reply :D .
(Though no one probably will :( )
Attachments
The custom custom element spritesheet.
The custom custom element spritesheet.
RocksCE.png (61.97 KiB) Viewed 7885 times
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Lasers in R'n'D

Post by Holger »

Do I understand you right that you want to create levels using both laser logic and custom elements?

Unfortunately, that's not possible in R'n'D, as both element types mentioned use different game engines.
SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Holger wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:34 am Do I understand you right that you want to create levels using both laser logic and custom elements?

Unfortunately, that's not possible in R'n'D, as both element types mentioned use different game engines.
You misunderstand.

I'm not trying to use both elements from Mirror Magic and R'n'd.
I'm trying to rewrite lasers in R'n'D by making them from the ground up using custom elements. No Mirror Magic stuff, just inspiration from there.
So far, the lasers work going up and down, but not left and right, and not hitting any deflectors.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Ah, OK! Very cool! :D

You might like to have a look at the "Snakebite" level set then, which also uses something similar, including working reflections! 8)
SLAPPYHAPPY2000

Holger wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:32 pm Ah, OK! Very cool! :D

You might like to have a look at the "Snakebite" level set then, which also uses something similar, including working reflections! 8)
I definitely will, thank you!
I'm also thinking of making all-new elements (not inspired at all by Mirror Magic), one of them being a laser port gateway. The player can't walk over my lasers, because of the way they work. But if you push a laser port gateway into place, a laser can run through it and you can pass over it!
It's gonna be a very puzzle-centric level set with a lot of unique elements, and I'm glad you support it! :D
Eizzoux

Post by Eizzoux »

Oh, I remember doing similar stuff some time ago, here's the post, if you're curious: [link]
𒈟