Football WM [finnished]

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

HerzAusGold wrote:Hope 3.2.0 comes out soon.
Me, too...
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
HerzAusGold

Post by HerzAusGold »

Upps. Today Sweden lost the match.
Nevertheless have a nice midsummer. :roll:
And the answer is ... 42 !
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

HerzAusGold wrote:Upps. Today Sweden lost the match.
Nevertheless have a nice midsummer. :roll:
We did? No no no... That I know nothing about :P
(Well, actually I do know... I saw the game... well well, gratulations Germany :)... but seriously, do you think that brasilian judge was fair?)
HerzAusGold

Post by HerzAusGold »

but seriously, do you think that brasilian judge was fair?)
Dont know - I dont watch the match - really.
And the answer is ... 42 !
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Oh, ok...
Well... now it seems like the Netherlands are also out of the game...
a match with 4 red cards and 9 yellow ones... scary... :shock: How are you dutch people playing fotball Martijn? ;) Well, I don't blame you. At least you only lost with 1-0... Sweden lost with 2-0... :roll:
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

But that's not normal for Holland, is it?
anyway, I don't really follow it... so I'm not shocked that we've lost either.. but we're better than Sweden :P
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Martijn wrote:But that's not normal for Holland, is it?
I don't know, I don't remember seeing you played anytime before :P I'm not a sport maniac!
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Zomis wrote:I'm not a sport maniac!
It doesn't look like many people in this conversation are. :wink:
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Francesco wrote:
> By the way, since I'm already off-topic, I didn't had the time to work on
> this thing, yesterday, I was too busy partying on the streets Wink In any
> case, honour to the German team, they all played a fantastic match,
> I feared for my heart, for all those attacks and counter-attacks...

Yeah... Great match indeed!

I just wrote mail to you before reading your post about the match, so some things I have already said there: In was really a thrilling match, just as you wrote above (and I felt exactly the same ... well ... at least until two minutes before the end of the match... :-o ). All the time, I really hoped that the match would be decided by a "real" in-game goal, and by no means by just a single penalty shot due to a single foul (like in today's game France-Portugal, for France), or by a final penalty shootout after no goals at all (like in the game England-Portugal, for Portugal). And yes, that was indeed the case, by a greatly scored goal -- unfortunately not for Germany, but for Italy (but that's probably only my point of view ;-) )! A real shocking goal in the last minute of the overtime! :-O

So, I can only say: Congratulations to Italy for winning a great match! Wish you luck for the final match against France next Sunday now!
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

Meh, Belgium is not in it anyway :/ I'm for France now. I don't really like sports this much - I'm just watching since family is interested.
Martijn, I heard Holland had these crazy little toys called "Wuppies"... Did you have some? I've seen a lot commercials about them here! =)
Current project:
Nope.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:A real shocking goal in the last minute of the overtime! :-O
Don't you mean two shocking goals...? :) Amazing... :roll:
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> > A real shocking goal in the last minute of the overtime! :-O
> Don't you mean two shocking goals...? Smile Amazing... Rolling Eyes

Was there a second goal? Oh, wait, yes, it was... Collateral damage...

After two hours of hard fighting without any goals at all, you knew for sure that the game was finally decided after that (first) goal of Italy. (And I must admit to be proud of the German team not giving up yet, but still trying to score a goal in the last very few minutes, giving up all defensive actions then, which resulted in the second goal. Well, that's life in Football... :? )
Alan

Post by Alan »

Oh, so France beat Portugal eh? Serves them right for being naughty little cheats! :D ;-)

And speaking of England it really embarrassed me when they lost, half of them where crying! Give me a break. :roll:

(noticed I typed 'they' and not 'we')
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> And speaking of England it really embarrassed me when they lost, half of
> them where crying!

I think this is OK in such a situation -- would you be proud of a team which lose a World Cup match and then just shrug and leave the playfield as if it wouldn't matter to them at all? No, if they really played by heart, they are "allowed" to show emotions when losing the match, IMHO.

BTW: I really liked that free kick by Beckham in the match against Ecuador -- it was just perfect! (As perfectly played as the first goal by Italy against Germany, as I also must admit, unfortunately.)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Speaking about the Italian team, I would say that we don't even recognize them. Honestly, that "group feeling" is something new. Up to some time ago, they behaved just like Portugal did against France: no one really caring of the others, and each one looking for a personal solution - hope you understand what I mean.

I think that it is all tied to the bad things happening here in Italy: some of the most important teams are involved in a survey for unlawful behavior - speaking of sport's stuff, of course. Things like they gave money to some referees in order to win some matches, either to gain the championship or to bet money over those matches.

Juventus could be back-classified to the C series - Milan and some others to the B series. Juventus could see two of its championship awards withdrawed for being invalid - the current championship award hasn't been assigned yet, and two months passed since the end of the matches.

Also, one player from Juventus, Gianluca Pessotto, is lying in reanimation at the hospital, in risk of death. They say he trown himself from a building. He stopped playing years ago, and now he was part of the management in his old team. They say he tried to kill himself for the shame - as he was completely unaware of the unlawful acts of his old managers, and he discovered them only when being already one of their colleagues.

Half of the Italian team players could lose their "club" teams, once finished the survey, and they all respect and admire Pessotto, who is a very popular player, well known for his honesty and fair play.

Maybe it all brings a brand new strenght to them. I don't know if I should be happy or sad, for that. But I'm happy that the survey is having place.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco