What happend to Zomis' and Martijn's sites?

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Daniel H. wrote:Still, I like using the site because of how organized it is compared to the file archive, especially with Levels, Examples, and Multiplayer being separated out from each other. :)
Heh, I can certainly understand you at that point. I plan for a filtering option at the archive, but because of not enough time (as always) it hasn't been completed yet. We'll see, but I'll try to improve the organization of RNDFA as well. It's good that some users download from Martijns site anyways, so it's used.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Daniel H. wrote:Still, I like using the site because of how organized it is compared to the file archive, especially with Levels, Examples, and Multiplayer being separated out from each other. :)
Yes, that was my purpose: to have a complete list with downloads, all ready-to-use.

But I would recommend uploading all your stuff to Zomis' archives. I check it from time to time and upload it to my site (after having made them ready-to-use and given them a proper name, sort priority, readonly (except the examples) and handicap (except the examples) if necessary).

And you can download the things from my site as well as Zomis', but on my site it's fixed and ready and organised and it also offers new levels/examples from other sources than Zomis' archive.

That's the different function of our sites: Zomis' archive is intended to easily upload your creations and show it to others and my site is for those who want to collect everything and play it.

So... no concurrency!! :D
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Martijn wrote:So... no concurrency!! :D
That's correct. Even though I work every now and then on improving the structure (with categories and other things) and stuff for the archive, it's good to have another site with more or less the same files. It's also good that Martijn has a link to the archive in many files, saying that they were originally from the archive.

Although I think that the archive is also for those who want to collect as much as possible, especially with the pretty new mass-download category/user feature. And the archive will continue to be improved, and I guess Martijns site will also continue to improve. I like it.
Daniel H.

Re: What happend to Zomis' and Martijn's sites?

Post by Daniel H. »

OUTDATED:
Getting back to the main subject of this thread...
Earlier, I wrote:When I try to get to the RND File Archive, it says that the server cannot be found :!:

:?: :(
It's true again!
Last edited by Daniel H. on Wed May 24, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Daniel H: Try again. I am not aware of any server downtime lately.
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

It's working again. There may possibly have been a problem on my end, but I was able to get to other web sites (like the R&D Forum) without any problem. :wink:
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.