RnD File Archive File Types

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

On the RnD File Archive, how do you choose what type the level should go under?

I don't know.
No votes
I don't care.
No votes
I don't have time to answer that question right now.
No votes
Can I get back to you on that?
No votes
This is a silly poll.
100%
My answer is included in a reply below.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Daniel H.

RnD File Archive File Types

Post by Daniel H. »

On the RnD File Archive, how do you choose what type the level should go under? :?:

The levels that I posted appeared as "other." :?
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

What do you mean? Are you speaking about your own levels? or about a general setting?
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

This is definetely not worth a poll...
Currently, the only possibility some members (yes, only some - not all) have regarding the "type" is to choose whether to make it public in the archive or not. If it is not public then it will be shown as "Hidden" if you go to "Manage files", if it is public then it is automatically changed to level, group, tape or other. The rest of the possible types are only possible to fix by me.

However, I'm thinking about changing this system so that you can choose for yourself which "type" the file is. I'll see when I will implement that...
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

I think he's meant the file cathegory..?

Well, I consider the cathegories as some sort of file flags - if it focuses on CE techniques, I check the "CE techniques" box. If it isn't special in anything, I just don't put it in any cathegory...

Btw, IMO this is a silly poll. :-)
Daniel H.

Post by Daniel H. »

Tomi wrote:I think he's meant the file cathegory..?
I meant what appears in the type column (Group, Level, Utility, or Other).
The H. World levelset can be downloaded from http://www.bd-fans.com/RnD.html -- search The H. World on that page.
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

I see what do you mean, thank you for correcting me.
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Tomi wrote:I think he's meant the file cathegory..?

Well, I consider the cathegories as some sort of file flags - if it focuses on CE techniques, I check the "CE techniques" box. If it isn't special in anything, I just don't put it in any cathegory...

Btw, IMO this is a silly poll. :-)
Well, even though this wasn't the original subject, since you brought it up I'll say a little about this also...
About the categories: Some users (I'm having a "userlevel" system controlling this) are able to choose which categories their files should be included in. I always get a message whenever a file is updated on the archive, so I can see the old info for the file and the new, so I always see that the files are included in the "correct" (from my point-of-view of course ;)) categories. And if I think it's in the wrong category, I change it.