Some FreeWare Utilities

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Francesco

Some FreeWare Utilities

Post by Francesco »

Hi all, I've put some of the little programs I've made for myself on my server, to share them with you all, if you could find them useful.

Hope you'll help me refining and fixing them, I have already got some ideas, but I'll be glad to hear your opinion and eventually to add any requested feature.

http://spazioinwind.libero.it/entuland/utils/index.html
Last edited by Francesco on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyway, by the way, have fun!
Francesco
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Hi again :D

I've updated my website, so now the utilities' pages have a different layout.

I've also added a RnD section:
http://spazioinwind.libero.it/entuland/rnd/index.html

Since this last contains links to files/sites belonging to other people, I am to ask your approval.

The things I mean belong to Holger, Alan, Zomis and Martijn.

There is also a link for a tape by Rockford4ever, but he has already given to me his agreement (anyway he could take a look, just to see).

Please make me a sign, I'm ready to change/delete anything as just you would require.

Thank you all :D
Last edited by Francesco on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Francesco
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Cool page! :-)

And you don't have to ask for permission when linking to somebody's page or site -- that's how the web works! :-)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Francesco wrote:Since this last contains links to files/sites belonging to other people, I am to ask your approval.

The things I mean belong to Holger, Alan, Zomis and Martijn.
Approval accepted, or approval given, or what is the correct word? :P Linking to the files archive, either it's specific files or the page itself, or any other page is of course welcome, as Holger correctly says :)

As for your utilities, I saw "RenamerRobot" and it does look useful, but I can also recommend the "Multi renaming tool" in Total Commander (http://www.ghisler.com), it's even more powerful and useful :)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

great site, especially the gallery effect!! good job!

of course you have my approval, linking to my site will even increase my google ranking (as I've heard somewhere). and of course I will link to your site - I wrote it down and will do it somewhen after the redesigning work.
Last edited by Martijn on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Uh, so quick responses! Great, thank you for your approval!

But to be more precise, I was moreover asking for the "shape": for example, is RnD correctly defined as freeware or it has a different "licence" formula?

Of course there shouldn't be the need for an approval when linking someone else's stuff, but since you're not just "someone else" for me, I asked for each of your "opinions" :wink:

Thanks for the direction, Zomis, it seems to be the right place to look for ideas to put on my utility :wink:

Thank you for your comments, Martijn! Not to speak about linking me on your site :D

CSS is fantastic, I wonder if they are going to put some event handling more than ":hover"...

Since I'm going to update the site again in the next days, please come back to take a look once in a while ;)
Francesco
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

Yay, my tape is there, and it stands there sooo big ;)
You have some nice Utilities, HexGaJon is useful for me somehow.
And RenamerRobot too. With what did you code them? :D
Too bad the CSS doesn't work cuz I can see those lines on the top of the screen... I'll go check my Disk Space (with your utility!) and download Firefox! :D
Oops, I just checked the DiskSpace utility and it gave me an error...
But it's not needed anyway ;)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Yes, I strongly advice Firefox! The site works just fine within Opera, but there's no opacity in Opera, and with FF it looks very better.

About DiskSpace, could you tell me what error it's giving? I know it's buggy (for example, it blocks itself as well as the CD drive if the CD you put into is dirty, or if a mediacard has not-so-clean contacts).

I believe it's because of the too small check interval, if you have any error code to tell me, and eventually the situation where the error had show up, it would be really useful.

By the way, they are all done with Visual Basic :D
Francesco
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

It's this error:

Code: Select all

System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770).
That sounds wierd... :o ;)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Mmm, I thought you saw an internal error code... could you tell me the situation when the error has been raised?

Mainly I mean the drives situation, like "two hard-disk partitions (C and D), one floppydrive (A) with/without floppy inside, CD drives, card readers" and so on.
I'd like to know if it's raised at the startup or when doing something on it (activating a drive, clicking somewhere and so on)

Please tell me also your operating system.

Another question: the other utilities do work correctly?

If someone else could check them out, just to see if they run, I would be really thankful.

[Edit]
Just checked out the error number: seems that there is a missing dependency. Since the only dependency is a DLL called MSVBVM50.DLL, you should check out if that library is installed on your OS. Let me know.
[/Edit]
Francesco
Rockford4ever

Post by Rockford4ever »

I use Windows XP and Pentium IV.
The error comes when I start the program...And I allready have MSVBVM50.DLL, too. I extracted it in both C:\windows\system and in C:\windows\system32.
All the others work fine, don't worry ;)

^^Edit^^
I just cheked the properties of C:\ and it seems I have used 17.1 GB and have 38.7 GB left. Firefox time (If it isn't bigger than 38.7 GB! ;)) 8)
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

So I think that the missing dependency could be "scripting.filesystem", it's the only other - I forgot about it.

To be honest I don't know if it's correct and eventually how you should install that scripting extension.

Here would be handy Alan's experience, I hope he could help me in this.
Francesco