Wait for my birthday...

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

asiekierka

Wait for my birthday...

Post by asiekierka »

My birthday will be after 1 month.

I luck not only the presents from my mom, dad and more, but also fine R'N'D levels (Demo levels).

I do a race for best RND demo birthday level.
On my birthday I check them all.

Post here.

I look at:
- Good birthday graphics
- Baloons
- CEs
- Not only 1 level.
GraphicsPack project: 90%
IconXT project: 100% (version final is ready)
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Im sorry?

You havnt been here that long... Alot of the people here have been here for over at least a year and dont recieve any form of presents from the other forum members.

You make it sound like you expect everyone to make levels just for your birthday...

Im sorry if I got the wrong impression but I just feel rather insulted...
Alan

Post by Alan »

No one ever sent me a level for my birthday :cry: (sniff sniff) ;-)

Didn't somebody make a yamyam cake once.......or did I dream it?

Anyway, congratulations for the oddest post I've read this year ;-) :lol: I wouldn't expect lots of levels in your inbox come your birthday :-\ So don't hold your breath.....

Bad luck having your Bday near xmas btw.
bojster

Post by bojster »

Alan wrote:Didn't somebody make a yamyam cake once.......or did I dream it?
Yup, someone did make a Yam-Yam cake (I bet it was yum-yum ;-) and posted the pics on the 'middle' (proboards) forum. Too bad it's lost. :-(

Post by Guest »

Alan wrote:No one ever sent me a level for my birthday :cry: (sniff sniff) ;-)

Didn't somebody make a yamyam cake once.......or did I dream it?

Anyway, congratulations for the oddest post I've read this year ;-) :lol: I wouldn't expect lots of levels in your inbox come your birthday :-\ So don't hold your breath.....

Bad luck having your Bday near xmas btw.
Bad luck with your Snake bite, BD2K3, and other your MEGA-MULTI graphic levels.
Darkon

Post by Darkon »

Um... what?

He didnt mean that in a bad way you know...

He probably ment it was bad luck because your parents wont be able to afford as much as they could if your birthday was in a different month. Since they probably spent alot getting christmas presents.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Bad luck with your Snake bite, BD2K3, and other your MEGA-MULTI graphic levels.
Ermmmm, ok. Assuming that's you asiekierka...... lighten up! :roll:
Anyway,how can I have bad luck for something that's already finished?

He probably ment it was bad luck because your parents wont be able to afford as much as they could if your birthday was in a different month. Since they probably spent alot getting christmas presents.
Yup that's what I ment, my birthday is also near xmas so I should know the grief ;-)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Sorry, asiekierka, but Darkon & Alan is right, you probably won't get any mails in your inbox with levels. Maybe 1 or 2 if you're lucky. But I can say Happy Birthday to you anyways. But you won't get a gift from me..
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Well, Asiekierka, aren't the contributions of every year a present for you? They always appear around your birthday (if Holger is fast enough :P). And this year, they were even released earlier!

But probably you mean something like the Supaplex forum? There, indeed, some levels were created dedicated to some others. But that's because all the levels are each by each released! Terrible! That's always a lot of work, to make level sets of them for my site and for RnD.

Asiekierka, be honest, and say that the first one who deserves an own level, is Holger himself and then guys like Alan Bond, Jürgen Bonhagen, bojster, etc., because they have contributed much to RnD. Maybe you will also belong to this list of great people! Isn't that a birthday present? Every year is maybe a getting nearer to get a high place in the world of Boulder Dash! :)

Hey, don't take this too personally, okay? :D Just kidding you. Everyone is welcome on this forum (except (Russian) spammers)!

But maybe it's an idea for you just to create some classic levels without CE's? That might be a bigger success, because many people like the classics! Sometimes (I'm probably one of them) even more than the CE levelsets (which are also great, of course!). People often enjoy the classic levels as much as the CE levelsets. And of course, I also like your contributions, but they don't have the qualities of BD2K3 or Snake Bite for example. Hope you'll understand.

And... don't be angry with us! At least, I'm not angry with you either ;-) So don't think we mean these remarks in a bad way!
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
bojster

Post by bojster »

Martijn wrote:Asiekierka, be honest, and say that the first one who deserves an own level, is Holger himself and then guys like Alan Bond, Jürgen Bonhagen, bojster, etc.
Actually, it's my birthday today... ;-)
BTW, I think it's a great idea to make some levels dedicated to Holger. He puts so much work into making it all work perfectly and all he gets are neverending bug reports... Now if only we knew when his birthday is... ;-)
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

:D :D :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D :D :D
(why aren't there any birthday emoticons on this forum??)

Yes, if everyone makes one level for Holger (without posting it on the forum!) and then we put it in one levelset and give it to him on his birthday! :)
Visit my Boulder Dash website at:
http://www.bd-fans.com

Watch my avatar! That orange little thing is Murphy, the Supaplex star!
Alan

Post by Alan »

Actually, it's my birthday today... ;-)
Happy birthday bojster!

bojster

Post by bojster »

Thanks! :-)

Holger, so when's your birthday? Too bad you already know what your present will be, we should have plotted behind your back. ;-)
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

> Actually, it's my birthday today... ;-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOJSTER!!! :-) :-) :-)

Hope you had a very nice day today! :-)

Oops... Too late, it's already the next day. :-o

But then... it's the Internet, isn't it? Just imagine I'm sitting somewhere in the U,S., at the west coast maybe, while I'm writing this. Then it's still the previous day and I'm not too late yet! X-)

> BTW, I think it's a great idea to make some levels dedicated to Holger. He
> puts so much work into making it all work perfectly and all he gets are
> neverending bug reports... Now if only we knew when his birthday is... ;-)

Oh, no, but that's really not needed -- the finest birthday present I could get is people being happy while playing R'n'D... :) (And getting bug reports, when I release buggy code... ;-) )

But, BTW: R'n'D itself just got 10 years old, did you know this? It started in October 1995 with the first version 0.9! :-)

If I take a look at this old piece of software now... R'n'D has really seen great improvements since then! :-)

> Holger, so when's your birthday? Too bad you already know what your
> present will be, we should have plotted behind your back. ;-)

If you really want to do such things (really! you don't have to!), you still have enough time -- the next one is 2006-08-xx (enough details for now ;-) ).

But you don't really have to -- I'm more than happy with all your work for R'n'D: bojster's solution tapes, which are sometimes ready before the corresponding levels are ... Alan's and Jue's great artwork/level sets ... Flummi's and Zomis' great moderation help and puzzle/math levels ... Martijn's cool new BD fan site ... Darkon's neverending testing and reporting work, which helps and helped to make R'n'D what it is today ... DiPal's RoNDI, which even runs on my old PalmV which I really never expected ... all the great contribution levels, helpful bug reports, cool and crazy new ideas and inspiration that makes it even more fun to keep on the work on R'n'D! :-)
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Holger wrote:Oh, no, but that's really not needed -- the finest birthday present I could get is people being happy while playing R'n'D... :) (And getting bug reports, when I release buggy code... ;-) )
Hehe... well, in that case... your birthday is many times each week... then wow... you must be very old now...
Holger wrote:But you don't really have to -- I'm more than happy with all your work for R'n'D: bojster's solution tapes, which are sometimes ready before the corresponding levels are ... Alan's and Jue's great artwork/level sets ... Flummi's and Zomis' great moderation help and puzzle/math levels ... Martijn's cool new BD fan site ... Darkon's neverending testing and reporting work, which helps and helped to make R'n'D what it is today ... DiPal's RoNDI, which even runs on my old PalmV which I really never expected ... all the great contribution levels, helpful bug reports, cool and crazy new ideas and inspiration that makes it even more fun to keep on the work on R'n'D! :-)
Aaawww... I'm feeling something in the air. Some nostalgia... and some... *cough*... nevermind :P
Yeah. We're all doing our parts in the world of RND. And it still isn't over yet. And probably won't be so in the near future either... (remember Holger, we're still looking forward to RND 6.0.0 ;)