Totally strange CE... erhm... I mean forum... behaviour

Anything R'n'D unrelated.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Zomis

Totally strange CE... erhm... I mean forum... behaviour

Post by Zomis »

I just spent a couple of minutes trying to log in, it didn't work somehow... I logged in and logged in, there was no error message, I just came back to the index page and still wasn't logged in...
Anyways, I found the problem, those cookies were probably unfunctioning, so after a quick deletion of all www.artsoft.org cookies, it now works again :)
Could this be a PHPBB-bug?
It has happened many times, especially with this forum, that the forum forgot me so I had to log in again - even though I save cookies on my computer...

So now you know what to do if the forum goes mad at you, delete your cookies and try again!
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Hmm, strange, never noticed such behaviour... :-/

I only have the problem from time to time that unread posts are displayed as already read, so I have to look at the post dates sometimes to not miss new posts...

But else I have no idea; the phpBB is just as every phpBB (only with a few lines modified to allow for level sketch graphics).
Alan

Post by Alan »

It was very slow on Saturday.........took me ages to login, and at least a minute to each load page!

I don't use cookies though, so it can't be that.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

Yep, somebody was dumping his database at the weekend on the artsoft.org server... (This server is a shared server, and I'm only some sort of guest on it. :-) )
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

Well... anyways, this forum is still the best of those we've had :)
(Just wanted to look on the bright side of life :))
Zomis

Post by Zomis »

I can now say that this forum isn't the only one where this has happened for me, it just happened on another... It's probably because of my bad habit of never (and I mean almost never) deleting my cookies.